Top 10 Teams in the 9th

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let’s get back to original thread . I am done with hearing CCH and Copper. I know Lloyd can make some noise and Dixie could be a sleeper with St. Henry rebuilding but always strong . What can we take out of those with Beechwood also could have a strong year. Your thoughts!

Let’s get back to original thread . I am done with hearing CCH and Copper. I know Lloyd can make some noise and Dixie could be a sleeper with St. Henry rebuilding but always strong . What can we take out of those with Beechwood also could have a strong year. Your thoughts!

St. Henry is always strong? I predict another down year - next year things will start to turn around.

How many teams do you think have a legitimate chance to win the 9th region?

• 2 weeks later...

Considering how crowded their bench is I do hope we get to see a fair amount of action from Jr Tyler Fleek who had a dynamite JV season last year. As a sophomore last season he probably would've started for most teams in the region not named the Blue Colonels or Cooper. He was already long and showing growth potential so it will be interesting to see how tall he is now.

One

One of the two will get minutes not both . Covington Catholic returns Ruthsatz and Frederick at guards. I think Nowak is best bet at third guard along with TJ Deere . NIck Thelen along with Mike Mayer are way past Fleek and I hear they have another sophomore big they are really high on believe the young mans name is Greene . DOesnt make much time for Fleek maybe he ends up at Beechwood like the other kid or Cooper

What coach have you talked to ? I heard same thing except Fleek has really struggled and Nick Thelen has dominated that matchup . SHoukd be interesting in Park Hills . Why isn't it a great system for bigs to score ? TObler, Schue, Schulte all scored . The three you mentioned aren't scorers from what I have seen . I have not seen Greene so I can not comment on him . Did he play aau this summer ?

With that said, in talking with a CCH hoops coach recently, the kids that are supposedly hustling the most and putting up numbers in practice are Fredrick, Davin, Ruthsatz, and Fleek - all of which are "draining 3's and driving for short jumpers." Granted the Maher Dynamic Duo are currently playing football. And we all know it is not a great system for bigs like Walter, Thelen, and Greene to score.

Can't wait for the season to start and I hope there is more balance in the 9th but there is no immediate site of this!

Fleek is and has been under-appreciated IMO. Would star at Beechwood and start at Cooper. Very' date=' very good player - even with CCH's talent I don't understand how he won't see the floor this year.[/quote']

Just for kicks I was revisiting a few interesting excerpts from our mid-October discussions regarding CCH's Tyler Fleek.