St. Xavier 41 Trinity 10 (JV)

We'll see how this translates down the road. Saint Xavier varsity defensive starter James Taylor was the fastest player on the field. He was used much the same as Rondale Moore is used in Trinity's varsity offensive scheme. As for the sophomores used on Trinity's varsity roster, two come to mind: Ryan Miller-receiver and Jacob Dingle-safety. If the freshman team loses in similar fashion on Monday, then Saint Xavier can really start to brag about the future.

James Taylor doesn't play football this year. Gave it up to concentrate on basketball. I think the kid your referring to is Andre Coleman who is basketball player playing football for first time. Junior who is 3rd string on Varsity. I agree that you can't put a whole lot of stock in JV games due to variables.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year Saint X gets a win at the varsity level. I see 2 or 3 varsity wins for X over

That time period. It will all start next year. Prediction on this years frosh game,

Saint X frosh 36

Trinity frosh 17

X has swept the Frosh and JV games in the past and it didn't translate to a win at the varsity level in many of those situations. It could be the case, but let's not count those chickens just yet.

X has swept the Frosh and JV games in the past and it didn't translate to a win at the varsity level in many of those situations. It could be the case, but let's not count those chickens just yet.

Maybe last year, but can't remember in recent memory where X swept T on the JV and Frosh level.

Next year Saint X gets a win at the varsity level. I see 2 or 3 varsity wins for X over

That time period. It will all start next year. Prediction on this years frosh game,

Saint X frosh 36

Trinity frosh 17

And what do you base this prediction on?

All tell, I base this on, for the last two years Saint X is getting the better athlete. Their freshman team is one of their best in recent memory. This according to my

Sources at Saint Xavier. They are looking with eager anticipation to reversing the recent trend at the varsity level in this rivalry. You would think, with Trinity's national schedule and record setting Kentucky state championships the rich would get richer.

This does not seem to be the case in this rivalry. Trinity players definitely get showcased much more than any other ky program. However, X is getting better football players for the last two years.

All tell, I base this on, for the last two years Saint X is getting the better athlete. Their freshman team is one of their best in recent memory. This according to my

Sources at Saint Xavier. They are looking with eager anticipation to reversing the recent trend at the varsity level in this rivalry. You would think, with Trinity's national schedule and record setting Kentucky state championships the rich would get richer.

This does not seem to be the case in this rivalry. Trinity players definitely get showcased much more than any other ky program. However, X is getting better football players for the last two years.

That's pretty strong !!!!

James Taylor did not play in the JV game. In fact, he isn't playing football for St. X anymore just basketball. No. 6--one of the two receivers who had big games against the Rocks yesterday--was Andre Coleman, Jr. He is a good player who also plays basketball, but I am pretty sure he has never been on the field for a St. X varsity snap. He is a Junior I think, but he is definitely a JV team player. The other receiver who had a big day was Baelor Bailyn (forgive me if I spell those names wrong) No. #83. He is a sophomore and has never even dressed for a varsity game.

With all due respect, as the father of a St. X JV team player who is a sophomore, I think you are incorrect about the kids we played yesterday. We played juniors, but only kids who don't get to play varsity. We played more sophomores, such as my son who played about half the game. Yes, we were surprised to beat the Rocks as soundly as we did, but our freshmen won at Trinity 14-7 in OT last year and we did not have No. #19 at QB, or anything like the passing game we had yesterday. The young man who played QB is a Junior who I had not seen play before yesterday. I will say we look like we will be in good shape at that position next year if yesterdays performance is any indication.

On the other hand, Trinity's QB who I think is McCarthy, had about ten passes dropped that could or should have been caught. It made a big difference obviously. I don't know why the Rocks receivers struggled so much, but ours looked better, with Coleman and Bailyn being the most outstanding.

We'll see how this translates down the road. Saint Xavier varsity defensive starter James Taylor was the fastest player on the field. He was used much the same as Rondale Moore is used in Trinity's varsity offensive scheme. As for the sophomores used on Trinity's varsity roster, two come to mind: Ryan Miller-receiver and Jacob Dingle-safety. If the freshman team loses in similar fashion on Monday, then Saint Xavier can really start to brag about the future.

The problem with this is that no one named James Taylor is a starter for X. No one named James Taylor is on the 2 deep defense for X.

The problem with this is that no one named James Taylor is a starter for X. No one named James Taylor is on the 2 deep defense for X.

He is James Taylor Jr. He played football at St Martha and basketball at Ascension and was your varsity starting point guard this past season as a freshman. He was the only speed on last year's freshman squad at St X. There is NO number 6 listed on varsity or jv roster. Who do you think this fine young mystery gentleman is????