St. Xavier 41 Trinity 10 (JV)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is more than a chink ! If the Rocks get swept again on the non varsity level things are going to switch back to the tigers in the rivalry. This J V team is

The worse JV team I can remember, and I go way back. They were not that bad as frosh, what happened ? Did they loose all their better players.

JV scores probably translate less to varsity results than freshman scores. If a team has top notch talent in underclassmen and they are already playing varsity, then JV scores aren't going to mean as much. What does Trinity's varsity starting lineup look like? Are there a good number of underclassmen starting? If yes, this score means less. If no, this score has a better chance of meaning something.

We'll see how this translates down the road. Saint Xavier varsity defensive starter James Taylor was the fastest player on the field. He was used much the same as Rondale Moore is used in Trinity's varsity offensive scheme. As for the sophomores used on Trinity's varsity roster, two come to mind: Ryan Miller-receiver and Jacob Dingle-safety. If the freshman team loses in similar fashion on Monday, then Saint Xavier can really start to brag about the future.