If McGregor Beats Mayweather...Will anyone believe it's not fixed?

If McGregor beat Floyd, it's the end of boxing.

There's no chance that happens though. Floyd is going to destroy him. My guess is it's over in 4 rounds max.

It won't be the end of boxing, but it will certainly make MMA people more annoying than they already are.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be the end of boxing, but it will certainly make MMA people more annoying than they already are.

I think it will be in the US. It's already fallen so far in the past couple of decades. If the main attraction of the sport gets beat by a guy that's never boxed before? Bad news IMO.

And as I have said time and again, nothing would excite me more than to see Mayweather go down. Just a whole other level of despicable human being.

The only hope you have if you are pro-McGregor is that you hope Floyd has not taken this fight too serious, and taking off a couple years in his advanced age will show enough to catch him. I do think Floyd has the pressure of the boxing world to knock out Conor and to do it fast. Which is polar opposite of how Floyd like to run... I mean fight each match. So in that sense Floyd could find himself in the uncomfortable position of being the aggressor. Unless it is a woman.

A lot of people think it was fixed since it went 10 rounds.

McGregor dictated the pace for the first 5 rounds then you could see the tide turn in rounds 6-10. Impressed McGregor lasted as long as he did. He had checked out in the 9th. It was just a matter of time before Mayweather finished him.

Now we can go back to not caring about boxing! :lol2:

McGregor dictated the pace for the first 5 rounds then you could see the tide turn in rounds 6-10. Impressed McGregor lasted as long as he did. He had checked out in the 9th. It was just a matter of time before Mayweather finished him.

For some reason, Friday night, I ended up watching 3 WBC feather and light weight championship fights on LATV. I had forgotten how much I love "The Sweet Science" and was thoroughly entertained. I enjoyed those fights much more than the spectacle last night. However, I only got to see the last fight of the under card, Davis/Fonseca, and even that ended up being a fiasco.

Didn't Mayweather say he had money on the fight ending in 9.5 rounds or less? I don't think it got halfway in to the 10th...Which would put it at the 9.5 or less.

Also, how on earth could 2 of the judges score rounds 2 and 3 for Mayweather? There was no question who won those rounds.