Juveniles shoot 13 cows in Pike County

jericho

That AR should now belong to LE, and the adult who owned it should be held responsible.

It may have belonged to the 18 year old. I'm not sure if there is a law that would allow the firearm to be taken, but if he's convicted of a felony he could no longer own or possess it.

The 18 yr old apparently had signed up to join the armed forces, not sure which branch, and was slated to report the following day.

Both my sons knew this kid but weren't friends. They said neither of them expected anything like this from him, although he was a bit wild. About a week prior he was driving recklessly in the high school parking lot and cut me off trying to exit after soccer practice. If the light had caught him I was going to get out of my truck and give him an earful. He was absolutely flying in a school parking lot through the busiest part where people are constantly walking. Lucky nobody was there at the time because it was about 9:30 pm. It is probably a good thing that light was green.

I don't know if his insurance covered or not. But I do recall him saying that he never received any reimbursement from the families of the juveniles, mainly because they didn't have any means of repaying. The kids got by with a serious criminal act with no more than a week or two in a juvenile detention center and a slap on the wrist.

Financial restitution should have been part of their sentence. Their wages should have been garnished, to either pay the guy or pay back the insurance company, as long as it took after they got out of juvie.