Bush's first 8 months fighting terrorism

Anything on Oberman has to be taken with a grain of salt and Richard Clark is a disgruntled over being fired.
Olbermann doesn't apologize for his stance on the issue, but the report seemed pretty thorough and certainly made a convincing case.

Richard Clarke wasn't fired ... actually, he resigned after not getting the deputy director of homeland security position. And both sides seem to regard him as a credible source on such matters, at least when it suits their point of view.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olbermann doesn't apologize for his stance on the issue, but the report seemed pretty thorough and certainly made a convincing case.

Richard Clarke wasn't fired ... actually, he resigned after not getting the deputy director of homeland security position. And both sides seem to regard him as a credible source on such matters, at least when it suits their point of view.

I believe Clinton eluded to the fact that Clarke was demoted and basically felt slighted by the Bush administration during the interview with Wallace.

I stand corrected about him being fired. BTW, I agree with you about "when it suits their point of view".

I believe Clinton eluded to the fact that Clarke was demoted and basically felt slighted by the Bush administration during the interview with Wallace.

I stand corrected about him being fired. BTW, I agree with you about "when it suits their point of view".

I don't know that Clinton was referring as much to an official demotion as the idea that Clarke certainly lost much of his influence and ability to shape policy after the change of administrations.

It seems Clarke felt like his voice wasn't being heard, so he resigned.

As for Clarke's credibility ... simply because of his position and longevity, he's earned it. From everything I've seen, he comes across as knowledgable, rational and very well-informed.

I don't know that Clinton was referring as much to an official demotion as the idea that Clarke certainly lost much of his influence and ability to shape policy after the change of administrations.

It seems Clarke felt like his voice wasn't being heard, so he resigned.

As for Clarke's credibility ... simply because of his position and longevity, he's earned it. From everything I've seen, he comes across as knowledgable, rational and very well-informed.

I agree but I think it is safe to say he is no fan of GW Bush.

Actually, the report was released last week, not in the 70's. And I blame Bush, (not blaim) Bush. Just a little help from one of us uneducated liberals.

FYI - The report was the findings of 16 intel organizations. Bottom line is stated that our involvement in Iraq IS creating new terrorist around the world.

It also said that if the terrorist loose in Iraq it MIGHT demorlalize them.

So.....what did Bush do to prevent the attacks that killed 3000 citizens on US soil?

Many of the same intelligence agencies believed Iraq contained WMD...so which gives?

If we succeed in suppressing the terrorism in Iraq and they lose, not loose, then they may become demoralized.

If the refinery in my area was bombed today, I would not lose any sleep tonight becuase my hope is not in this world. I trust that is why you don't lose sleep either. Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep. I don't blame Bush or Clinton for the attacks on 9/11 I blame the sin of this world that will not stop trying to decimate the Israelites.

I am going to answer Diamond Dandy's question about what George Bush did prior to 9/11 to keep us safe. The answer is at worst, nothing, at best, not enough.

Now let me ask these questions, when did Al Queda become a threat to this country and the entire world? According to Bill Clinton Al Queda was not a growing concern in 1993. So when did they become and growing concern? Was it after the bombing of the World Trade Centers or after the bombing of the embassys in Africa or maybe it was after bombing the Cole? Who was president when the plans for 9/11 were being drawn up by Bin Laden? Who was president when the cowards who eventually flew the planes into the WTCs and the Pentagon came to our country to learn and fly the planes?

One last set of questions. Was Franklin Roosevelt considered a great president, afterall he was only elected 3 times? Was he responsible for the Japanesse attack on Pearl Harbour?

One last set of questions. Was Franklin Roosevelt considered a great president, afterall he was only elected 3 times? Was he responsible for the Japanesse attack on Pearl Harbour?

Your not quite right, but the truth only makes your arguement stronger. FDR defeated Herbet Hoover in 1932, Alfred Landon in 1936, Wendell Willkie in 1940, and Thomas Dewey in 1944. However, it is widely know (at least to the circulation of the Chicago Tribune) that Dewey would later go on to defeat Harry Truman in 1948. ;)

Your not quite right, but the truth only makes your arguement stronger. FDR defeated Herbet Hoover in 1932, Alfred Landon in 1936, Wendell Willkie in 1940, and Thomas Dewey in 1944. However, it is widely know (at least to the circulation of the Chicago Tribune) that Dewey would later go on to defeat Harry Truman in 1948. ;)

So he was elected 4 times once in 1944 about 3 years after Pearl Harbour, interesting. Makes you think that people were not asking what he did in the first 9 years of his term to keep America safe.

If the refinery in my area was bombed today, I would not lose any sleep tonight becuase my hope is not in this world. I trust that is why you don't lose sleep either. Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep. I don't blame Bush or Clinton for the attacks on 9/11 I blame the sin of this world that will not stop trying to decimate the Israelites.

:thumb: and a big one at that.

No, you are trying to teach it to dance.

"Never try to teach a pig to dance. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig."

Make that "Never try to teach a pig to dance. You end up getting dirty, and it only annoys the pig."