Bush's first 8 months fighting terrorism

DD, good to see you back on this thread.

Please take a second or two and answer my questions. I would really like to know what Clinton did from 1993 to 2000 and after several attack on US interest to stop the growing concern of Bin Laden. I mean surely in 7 years, not months, years he did something.

Don't have time to detail it for you but apparently it was enough to prevent a MAJOR attack like 911, which occured on Bush's watch.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have time to detail it for you but apparently it was enough to prevent a MAJOR attack like 911, which occured on Bush's watch.

I think you have plenty of time. Just stop bashing the President for 2 miniutes.

Or bombing the Cole. Maybe those are not considered major.

Its not Clinton's fault that he totally disabled our HumInt abilities, making it almost impossible to find out what's going on around the world and enabling terrorists to operate without us having much of a clue. So what if it will take years upon years to undo the damage that Clinton did to our intelligence services.

Key work here, in caps, was MAJOR.

A Ryder truck filled with 1,500 pounds (682 kg) of explosives was planted by Ramzi Yousef and detonated in the underground garage of the North Tower, opening a 100 foot (30 m) hole through 4 sublevels of concrete. Six people were killed and over a thousand injured. Sounds major to me.

I'm not able to varify it at the moment, but on who's watch did the Oklahoma City bombing take place. Would that be considered a MAJOR act of terrorism.

I'm not able to varify it at the moment, but on who's watch did the Oklahoma City bombing take place. Would that be considered a MAJOR act of terrorism.

It happened in 1995. Who was president then?? :sssh: But only 168 were killed, so that's probably not major. :rolleyes: