POTUS' remarks to police

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like it. We're dancing around the original question.

The previous POTUS was pilloried for being divisive on the law enforcement/citizenry divide. Do these remarks from the current POTUS help bridge that divide? If so, how?

Or the good cops will just leave all together and we are left with bad cops and no cops. Thats safe for everyone.

This isn't true.

Good cops need a culture that says bad cops should go: not protected.

Good cops do their job of protecting and serving the citizens of this nation.

Doesn't look like it. We're dancing around the original question.

The previous POTUS was pilloried for being divisive on the law enforcement/citizenry divide. Do these remarks from the current POTUS help bridge that divide? If so, how?

I personally dont think Trump cares in this situation if he bridges anything. I think he just wants these gangs gone and that basically is what he was saying in this speech. Said the police needs tough mean cops to combat savages who use machetes to kill people. I stand with the President on this one also.

I personally dont think Trump cares in this situation if he bridges anything. I think he just wants these gangs gone and that basically is what he was saying in this speech. Said the police needs tough mean cops to combat savages who use machetes to kill people. I stand with the President on this one also.

So this is language that is uniting?

So this is language that is uniting?

I said I dont think he cares in this case about uniting anything. He is uniting the police. How do I know that? I heard a bunch of interviews with some of the police. They love him and slammed the second coming for his stance.

I said I dont think he cares in this case about uniting anything. He is uniting the police. How do I know that? I heard a bunch of interviews with some of the police. They love him and slammed the second coming for his stance.

Does uniting the police = uniting the nation?

My OP was Obama got grief for his comments. Is Trump uniting the nation?

Does uniting the police = uniting the nation?

My OP was Obama got grief for his comments. Is Trump uniting the nation?

Absolutely not. Thats already been proven that alot want the police dead and this kind of talk will divide. Just a matter of which side you are on. Show me one person who is going to unite the nation now?

Absolutely not. Thats already been proven that alot want the police dead and this kind of talk will divide. Just a matter of which side you are on. Show me one person who is going to unite the nation now?

What constitutes "a lot" wanting the police dead?

What constitutes "a lot" wanting the police dead?

I guess thats a matter of opinion. When I watched the protests against the police I just went on what was being shouted and yelled. Maybe I should not take anyone at their word? But maybe you can answer my question? Who can unite the nation now?

I guess thats a matter of opinion. When I watched the protests against the police I just went on what was being shouted and yelled. Maybe I should not take anyone at their word? But maybe you can answer my question? Who can unite the nation now?

Saying "a lot" want the police dead is hyperbole, IMO. But like you said, that's a matter of opinion I suppose.

No one person can unite a country. Expecting one individual to be able to do so is not dealing in reality. It's a group effort.

So is Trump being divisive ?

Saying "a lot" want the police dead is hyperbole, IMO. But like you said, that's a matter of opinion I suppose.

No one person can unite a country. Expecting one individual to be able to do so is not dealing in reality. It's a group effort.

To expect a group effort to unite over 300 million people is not dealing in reality either. Nothing will ever unite our entire population. A major event will align most of our citizens, but I don't foresee even 75 percent of us ever seeing eye to eye.

To expect a group effort to unite over 300 million people is not dealing in reality either. Nothing will ever unite our entire population. A major event will align most of our citizens, but I don't foresee even 75 percent of us ever seeing eye to eye.

I agree that we will never all agree on anything. But it doesn't take 75% of us to make a positive difference.