Playoff structure question

Better than every year being a "doozy"

Hey! There we go!

I honestly think if they even had the rotation to include within the district once every 4 years, people could get on board with that. 1 year has the potential for a lot of travel, 2 years in normal, 1 year is minimal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! There we go!

I honestly think if they even had the rotation to include within the district once every 4 years, people could get on board with that. 1 year has the potential for a lot of travel, 2 years in normal, 1 year is minimal.

every year was minimal travel.

I can't wait to read this board in the fall.

How fair is it that Simon Kenton could win their region and have to possibly travel to McCracken County for a semi-final game? Wow! That is a great reward to win a region and then have to travel 4 plus hours! If the KHSAA is going to play cross districts and force teams to travel, then they should seed the entire tournament. Otherwise, it makes no sense that Simon Kenton and Ryle are 6 miles apart and would not meet until the state championship game this year. Seed and play the semi final games at neutral sites would be a great solution!

:lol2:

Same.

Then explain. Because I'm lost.

Someone, every year, is making an insane drive. Under this new plan, it's not the same people every year. The drive is being made, it was made last year. And the year before that. And every year before that. The drive exists, the only difference is now new teams are being asked to make that every drive occasionally.

How else can that be spun?

No I am not but 2 hours is less than 3 hours.

Yes it is.

Please remember high school football is about the kids that work thier butt off from the end of November until the 1st game in August. It's not about some adult/fans on some message board.

I agree. I'm not seeing how this benefits kids.

From my understanding, there will still be an East and West division in the classes. Districts 1-4 would rotate playing and 5-8 would rotate playing. Might have been told wrong, but that is what I was told.

Well let me tell you then. Maybe a team is stuck in a region with a power that beats EVERYONE brains out year after year. Yet those teams in that region know no matter how hard they work from November to August they not going to be able to beat that super power. But with this cross bracket they can play another district where they maybe able to win a region. Then they can tell thier kids and grandkids that they won a regional championship. That my friend would benefit the kids.

Also remember that this was voted on by the 2,3,4 A coaches and passed over whelming in 3 and 4 A.

Also we drove 3 hours last 2 years for a 1st round playoff game.

From my understanding, there will still be an East and West division in the classes. Districts 1-4 would rotate playing and 5-8 would rotate playing. Might have been told wrong, but that is what I was told.

That's is what I was told as well

Then explain. Because I'm lost.

Someone, every year, is making an insane drive. Under this new plan, it's not the same people every year. The drive is being made, it was made last year. And the year before that. And every year before that. The drive exists, the only difference is now new teams are being asked to make that every drive occasionally.

How else can that be spun?

The drive is insaner in cross bracketing.

Imagine if 4A cross bracketed last year. Russell County would have driven to Johnson Central in round 1 instead of East Jessamine.

This may be a good plan for the teams in Central KY but the not for the rest of the state.