Playoff structure question

The drive is insaner in cross bracketing.

Imagine if 4A cross bracketed last year. Russell County would have driven to Johnson Central in round 1 instead of East Jessamine.

This may be a good plan for the teams in Central KY but the not for the rest of the state.

Or image if we had it like it was last year and Pendleton County had to drive to Belfry for a 1st round game. Which according to map quest is farther than Russell Springs to Paintsville.

Russell Springs to Painsville 3 hours 27 minutes

Falmouth to Williamson 3 hour 35 minutes

Edited by Tall Trees

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drive is insaner in cross bracketing.

Imagine if 4A cross bracketed last year. Russell County would have driven to Johnson Central in round 1 instead of East Jessamine.

This may be a good plan for the teams in Central KY but the not for the rest of the state.

Thank you for help me prove my point.

Russell County played East Jessamine. Scott played Johnson Central.

RC to EJ= 1 hour, 35 minutes.

Scott to JC= 3 hours, 11 minutes

Now, if they were switched:

RC to JC= 3 hours, 21 minutes

Scott to EJ= 1 hour, 46 minutes

Last year, someone made a long drive. But, you're upset because under the new system someone is having to make a long drive. Would it have sucked for Russell County? Yeah. But you know who it actually did suck for? Scott.

You say the drive is "insaner" with cross bracketing, even though it's an 10 minute difference if you switch teams.

Thank you for help me prove my point.

Russell County played East Jessamine. Scott played Johnson Central.

RC to EJ= 1 hour, 35 minutes.

Scott to JC= 3 hours, 11 minutes

Now, if they were switched:

RC to JC= 3 hours, 21 minutes

Scott to EJ= 1 hour, 46 minutes

Last year, someone made a long drive. But, you're upset because under the new system someone is having to make a long drive. Would it have sucked for Russell County? Yeah. But you know who it actually did suck for? Scott.

You say the drive is "insaner" with cross bracketing, even though it's an 10 minute difference if you switch teams.

Good argument.

I see your point that someone is going to have to drive to these outlying districts.

I guess one year it will suck to have a down year for kids and fans. :lol2:

How fair is it that Simon Kenton could win their region and have to possibly travel to McCracken County for a semi-final game? Wow! That is a great reward to win a region and then have to travel 4 plus hours! If the KHSAA is going to play cross districts and force teams to travel, then they should seed the entire tournament. Otherwise, it makes no sense that Simon Kenton and Ryle are 6 miles apart and would not meet until the state championship game this year. Seed and play the semi final games at neutral sites would be a great solution!

That is messed up. If SK and Trinity meet in the playoffs who is the home team?

That is messed up. If SK and Trinity meet in the playoffs who is the home team?

Assuming both are 1 seeds D4 Trinity would host D6 Simon Kenton in 2017. Below from the KHSAA handbook.

6) Should teams with the same seeding meet in the third round,

the team representing the even-numbered District shall serve

as the host school the games in even-numbered years, while

the team representing the odd-numbered District shall host the

game in odd-numbered years. If the paired districts are both

even or both odd, the highest numbered district shall host the

game in even numbered years and the lowest numbered district

shall serve as the host school for the game in odd numbered

years

How fair is it that Simon Kenton could win their region and have to possibly travel to McCracken County for a semi-final game? Wow! That is a great reward to win a region and then have to travel 4 plus hours! If the KHSAA is going to play cross districts and force teams to travel, then they should seed the entire tournament. Otherwise, it makes no sense that Simon Kenton and Ryle are 6 miles apart and would not meet until the state championship game this year. Seed and play the semi final games at neutral sites would be a great solution!

In order to win the region Simon Kenton would likely have already survived a trip to Louisville and a game with Trinity so this point is probably moot. But if they did that would be 2 weeks in a row that Simon Kenton had to travel outside the confines of their little fiefdom. How awful. :lol:

If Trinity wins the same region and has to travel to McCracken County so be it. I've heard its a beautiful facility in a part of the state I've never been to. It's nice to see new places.

It's time for some schools in this state to put their big boy pants on and stop whining about everything.

6A A few years ago Male beat T for regional and had to travel to Central Hardin for the semi final blowout. This year I imagine the winner of X and Male will play T in Lexington.

And the year before that Trinity beat Male and X for the regional and traveled to Meade County for a semifinal romp. Travel is part of the championship process.

In order to win the region Simon Kenton would likely have already survived a trip to Louisville and a game with Trinity so this point is probably moot. But if they did that would be 2 weeks in a row that Simon Kenton had to travel outside the confines of their little fiefdom. How awful. :lol:

If Trinity wins the same region and has to travel to McCracken County so be it. I've heard its a beautiful facility in a part of the state I've never been to. It's nice to see new places.

It's time for some schools in this state to put their big boy pants on and stop whining about everything.

No whining here I am ready for football season!

• 3 months later...