Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

happ

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by happ

  1. Highlands all the way. I have seen them play a few times, and I think they have one of the two best teams in NKY.
  2. He did not have any Seniors on his team this year. Hopefully, next year they play better with a few seniors.
  3. Is 1.35 just a made up number? Where does this number come from?
  4. Here is the official post from the Hill: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1JjUGBpXRg/ BROWN NAMED NEWCATH FOOTBALL HEAD COACH Newport Central Catholic High School is pleased to announce the hiring of Terry Brown as the new Head Coach of its Football Program. Coach Terry Brown, a 2000 Newport Central Catholic graduate, returns to The Hill after serving as a teacher and Defensive Coordinator at Covington Catholic High school since 2015. He has also taught and coached at Pendleton County and Campbell County. In addition to coaching football, Mr. Brown will be joining NCC’s teaching staff, bringing with him 20 years of teaching experience. He earned his M.Ed. from Xavier University in 2012, Secondary Education Degree in 2006 from Northern Kentucky University, and Business Degree from Campbellsville University in 2003 while on a football scholarship. Coach Brown was a member of the NewCath 2005 State Championship Team coaching staff under Coach Bob Schneider. Athletic Director Jeff Schulkens said, “We are extremely excited to welcome Coach Brown back to our NewCath Family as Head Football Coach. He brings outstanding knowledge of the game and will continue the tradition of developing our players into outstanding young men. We are looking forward to Coach Brown leading our team in the fall in the opening of The Ciafardini Family Athletic Complex.” Coach Brown shared, “It feels good to be coming back up on The Hill. I want to thank Dr. Collopy and Mr. Schulkens for giving me the chance to lead this program and allowing me the opportunity to give back to a school and community that has always been close to my heart. This was a tough decision, but some opportunities are bigger than comfort. Working the past 11 years at Covington Catholic for Mr. Rowe and his administrative staff have been wonderful. The knowledge and experience I gained while working with Coach Eviston will always be cherished and I can’t thank him enough both as a coach and a friend.” He added, “I am looking forward to getting to work right away on setting both the standards and work ethic needed to reach our goals as a program. Friday nights on “The Hill” are going to be special and I am honored to be part of this special place. Go Breds!”
  5. So would this mean that 1) playoff format could change, 2) Smaller school teams (Beechwood, NewCath, Lloyd) could end up in 6, possibly. I think the classes would even out after about the 3rd or 4th change I think overall, this is better than what we have now.
  6. One of the students has said that he will coach this season and retire after next year. He wants to see the new field through.
  7. Here is my sheet. It is the same/close to Colonels. KHSAA State - Google Sheets.pdf
  8. I can not remember who it was. When I get to work I will post the work sheet I made a few years ago that has that info. it is disappointing that none of the titles have to go through NKY this year.
  9. This will be the first time since 1978 that a team from NKY did not make the State Championship. Any other area of the Commonwealth have a streak going?
  10. The whole HHS v CovCath in a Championship game befuddles me.
  11. I asked one of the admins when the new stadium would be ready, and they said if they are lucky, it would be by the playoffs. The students are saying the same thing. That was last week.
  12. They have not played each other fopr three years.
  13. According to my my unofficial count. The last time NKY did not send a representative to State was 1978. One day I got bored at work and compiled the attached info from the KHSAA website. It only takes in consideration NKY teams. KHSAA State - Sheet1.pdf
  14. They have always had a game or two at another location. Usually, Holmes or CovCath when NewCath and Npt schedule conflicted. Hell NewCath played Beechwood at Highlands one time. When Newport's stands were condemned, NewCath started playing elsewhere. I may be corrected on this, but I have heard the deal with CovCath is almost free. It looks like NewCath should not play another home game at Npt Stadium.
  15. Probably alread said buy only top two teams from each district go to the playoffs. Seed teams by their RPI through out the whole playoffs.
  16. I believe the Bell has been on "The Hill" for 25 years now.
  17. May I get a clarification please? If the field goal is attempt is block is the ball still live?
  18. Here is Lloyd's stands as of Monday. They look to be complete. Looks like they are in the very final stages of the project.
  19. I like the schedule for this year. I think adding Lloyd and Raceland is a better option than having Beechwood on the schedule. I been hoping that NewCath would play Lloyd again. The games against Lloyd have always been good games for both teams. The Raceland game hopefully will be fun to watch also. This schedule should help the RPI also.
  20. I thought that they rated the refs and the highly rated refs got to work the championship games?
  21. Drove down Donaldson today and noticed that the new field at St. Henry has football markings on it. Is there any info on St Henry starting a football team.
  22. In all my 40 years of playing at Newport Stadium for NewCath and watching NewCath games there i never noticed that.
  23. I rank this game up there with the comeback against Danville in the State football championship. One of the best high school games I have ever been to! #5 from BB seemed to not miss those three pointers.
  24. Looks like form the final scores that all the games were good games to watch and that the running clock had the day off.
  25. I wish they would go back to 4 classes and two teams in the playoffs per Dist. Some of these running clock games would be eliminated. 4 classes and 2 teams seemed to work well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.