2023 Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

The Breds have officially released their '23 football schedule.

Aug 5 vs. Roger Bacon (Scrimmage)
Aug 12 vs. TBD (Scrimmage)
Aug 18 at Lloyd Memorial
Aug 25 vs. Walton Verona
Sep 1 vs. Scott
Sep 8 at Conner
Sep 15 at Campbell County
Sep 22 at Raceland
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 6 vs. Newport (District)
Oct 13 vs. Dayton (District)
Oct 20 at Bellevue (District)
Oct 27 at Holmes

FnWPBJ7WQAIELIq.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to 2023 Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
4 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

Surprisingly no Beechwood? Did NCC drop Beechwood? Or was it Beechwood looking for a more competitive opponent? Historically this was a very good game most seasons. 

If I were to take a guess, I'd imagine it's on Beechwood's end. With having more district games they are probably trying to get bigger schools to help with the RPI. I know they get a free pass now for playing a smaller school, but I believe this decision to not play was made before the decision to not include a small school in RPI. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Nice schedule. Not surprised by no Beechwood. As stated above, Beechwood only has 5 non district weeks available in the new alignment and RPI opportunities have to drive those 5 non district games.

I agree.  And given the strength of NCC's non-district schedule I definitely don't think Beechwood should be playing them. 

2 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

I really think this schedule for 2023 is what last years team needed. Glad to see the tougher schedule. Welch and Smith are gonna have to carry this team. 

Is this really a tough schedule? Beechwood was replaced by Raceland, which is a downgrade, and Conner and Scott are terrible.