Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

Featured Replies

The Breds have officially released their '23 football schedule.

Aug 5 vs. Roger Bacon (Scrimmage)
Aug 12 vs. TBD (Scrimmage)
Aug 18 at Lloyd Memorial
Aug 25 vs. Walton Verona
Sep 1 vs. Scott
Sep 8 at Conner
Sep 15 at Campbell County
Sep 22 at Raceland
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 6 vs. Newport (District)
Oct 13 vs. Dayton (District)
Oct 20 at Bellevue (District)
Oct 27 at Holmes


FnWPBJ7WQAIELIq.jpg

  • Replies 40
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    One thing people need to bear in mind is that these days, NCC has the 8th-smallest football program in the state of Kentucky. Bellevue, Ludlow, Dayton and Bishop Brossart all have more boys.

  • The last time I was in Dayton I was very impressed with the improvements and new construction.  The city of Dayton is on the way up and that is reflected in these numbers. 

  • I've been away for a while now, but I certainly follow how the Breds do on a weekly basis. I'll have a couple Nephews passing through thier in the next couple years. When I graduated we were the small

Surprisingly no Beechwood? Did NCC drop Beechwood? Or was it Beechwood looking for a more competitive opponent? Historically this was a very good game most seasons. 

No Holy Cross either.

That is a really strong schedule for NCC, good job. 

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

No Holy Cross either.

Sister district, correct? 

4 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

Surprisingly no Beechwood? Did NCC drop Beechwood? Or was it Beechwood looking for a more competitive opponent? Historically this was a very good game most seasons. 

If I were to take a guess, I'd imagine it's on Beechwood's end. With having more district games they are probably trying to get bigger schools to help with the RPI. I know they get a free pass now for playing a smaller school, but I believe this decision to not play was made before the decision to not include a small school in RPI. 

Nice schedule. Not surprised by no Beechwood. As stated above, Beechwood only has 5 non district weeks available in the new alignment and RPI opportunities have to drive those 5 non district games.

Aside from this past year where the game was semi competitive, hasn't Beechwood pretty much dominated this once rivalry? When was the last time NCC beat the Beechies? 

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Aside from this past year where the game was semi competitive, hasn't Beechwood pretty much dominated this once rivalry? When was the last time NCC beat the Beechies? 

2019...New Cath won 17-14. The last couple of times prior to that were 2012 and 2013.

37 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Nice schedule. Not surprised by no Beechwood. As stated above, Beechwood only has 5 non district weeks available in the new alignment and RPI opportunities have to drive those 5 non district games.

I agree.  And given the strength of NCC's non-district schedule I definitely don't think Beechwood should be playing them. 

1 hour ago, Buck2 said:

Sister district, correct? 

Correct.

21 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

2019...New Cath won 17-14. The last couple of times prior to that were 2012 and 2013.

Thanks, CWB. I forgot about 2019 but knew it had been awhile before than. 

NCC will graduate a number of talented players this year.  Where will the leaders and talent come from for next year.  The schedule is much improved, and they should be fun to watch. 

I really think this schedule for 2023 is what last years team needed. Glad to see the tougher schedule. Welch and Smith are gonna have to carry this team. 

2 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

I really think this schedule for 2023 is what last years team needed. Glad to see the tougher schedule. Welch and Smith are gonna have to carry this team. 

Is this really a tough schedule? Beechwood was replaced by Raceland, which is a downgrade, and Conner and Scott are terrible.

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.