Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

Featured Replies

52 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Dayton having more boys than NewCath is something that I'm unable to wrap my brain around.

Dayton has a pretty big apartment complex on the river now.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    One thing people need to bear in mind is that these days, NCC has the 8th-smallest football program in the state of Kentucky. Bellevue, Ludlow, Dayton and Bishop Brossart all have more boys.

  • The last time I was in Dayton I was very impressed with the improvements and new construction.  The city of Dayton is on the way up and that is reflected in these numbers. 

  • I've been away for a while now, but I certainly follow how the Breds do on a weekly basis. I'll have a couple Nephews passing through thier in the next couple years. When I graduated we were the small

4 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Dayton having more boys than NewCath is something that I'm unable to wrap my brain around.

3 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Dayton has a pretty big apartment complex on the river now.

The last time I was in Dayton I was very impressed with the improvements and new construction.  The city of Dayton is on the way up and that is reflected in these numbers. 

How is NCC looking this season? Main returning players? Roster size? Season outlook?

Looking for some more information than what I already know. If anyone can pm me with some more information about New Cath.

Just now, Bac2369 said:

Looking for some more information than what I already know. If any can pm me with some more information about New Cath.

Or hopefully share it here in the thread.

29 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Looking for some more information than what I already know. If anyone can pm me with some more information about New Cath.

What do you know?

9 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

What do you know?

What I know is they return Welch at running back who put up over 1500 yards of offense last season. Quarterback Smith returns, but he will need for some receivers to step up. His returning cast from last season returns just about 300 yards from last season. I also know they lost 4 starters from the offensive line last season.  Defensively they return a good core of linebackers but will have to replace its defensive line and secondary. That’s my study for them for the start of 2023.

On 6/21/2023 at 7:50 AM, The Double Deuce said:

Dayton having more boys than NewCath is something that I'm unable to wrap my brain around.

I can understand why different people think this way. Dayton has been making gradual progress and improvement over the past few years or so now. The administration at Dayton Independent Schools has been best as it’s been for a long time, and likely better in some ways. Having Jesse Herbst as football coach has also made positive strides with football. Hopefully the progress continues in all ways that they have.

Prior to the dead period, I was told there was a player or two leaving HHS and going to NCC. Is this info correct? 

7 minutes ago, Lions Paw said:

Prior to the dead period, I was told there was a player or two leaving HHS and going to NCC. Is this info correct? 

Who?

1 hour ago, Lions Paw said:

Prior to the dead period, I was told there was a player or two leaving HHS and going to NCC. Is this info correct? 

Isn’t that frosh to be?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.