2023 Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

4 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Dayton having more boys than NewCath is something that I'm unable to wrap my brain around.

3 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Dayton has a pretty big apartment complex on the river now.

The last time I was in Dayton I was very impressed with the improvements and new construction.  The city of Dayton is on the way up and that is reflected in these numbers. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

What do you know?

What I know is they return Welch at running back who put up over 1500 yards of offense last season. Quarterback Smith returns, but he will need for some receivers to step up. His returning cast from last season returns just about 300 yards from last season. I also know they lost 4 starters from the offensive line last season.  Defensively they return a good core of linebackers but will have to replace its defensive line and secondary. That’s my study for them for the start of 2023.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2023 at 7:50 AM, The Double Deuce said:

Dayton having more boys than NewCath is something that I'm unable to wrap my brain around.

I can understand why different people think this way. Dayton has been making gradual progress and improvement over the past few years or so now. The administration at Dayton Independent Schools has been best as it’s been for a long time, and likely better in some ways. Having Jesse Herbst as football coach has also made positive strides with football. Hopefully the progress continues in all ways that they have.

• Like 2