Orioles @ Reds (4/18 - 4/20)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate saying it because he's young, we're only 14 games into the season, and he did fine after the Bruce deal last season, but he's clearly not an every day guy.

Yeah I never really thought he was either. He earned the opportunity from the 2nd half of last year and we have no need to rush Winker, but if he's ready they should bring him up for good.

I think Schebler will be fine. He's just off to a slow start.

I think Schebler will be fine. He's just off to a slow start.

I don't necessarily disagree. But Winker is the guy there. If you think he's ready, and they clearly do, there is no reason to prolong it IMO. He'll absolutely produce at the same or higher level than Schebler.

I don't necessarily disagree. But Winker is the guy there. If you think he's ready, and they clearly do, there is no reason to prolong it IMO. He'll absolutely produce at the same or higher level than Schebler.

I think they probably want to see if Winker is going to regain some of the pop in his bat after his wrist has completely healed.

I think they probably want to see if Winker is going to regain some of the pop in his bat after his wrist has completely healed.

I agree. Let's see how Winker looks and if he is still on the field about two months from now. If all looks good and Schebler is not up to par, then you make the move.

I agree. Let's see how Winker looks and if he is still on the field about two months from now. If all looks good and Schebler is not up to par, then you make the move.

That's a long time to play a man down...

Winker has nothing left to prove in the minors. He's going to hit. He's done it at every level and at a high level. He has the swing and approach that translates to good AVG and a high OBP. There's nothing to wait on IMO.

I think once we get a couple of the pitchers back healthy they will move Bronson to the bullpen for long relief. Bronson said after last nights start that he is getting fatigued at about 70 to 75 pitches and that he should probably move to long relief if he doesn't start to feel stronger. I would like to see the Reds keep him in the bullpen to be around some of the younger pitchers.

I think once we get a couple of the pitchers back healthy they will move Bronson to the bullpen for long relief. Bronson said after last nights start that he is getting fatigued at about 70 to 75 pitches and that he should probably move to long relief if he doesn't start to feel stronger. I would like to see the Reds keep him in the bullpen to be around some of the younger pitchers.

That's right about when he gave up the HR. It was 84 right down the middle.

I think Schebler will be like Chris Heisey. A pinch hitter that has some pop and hope to be clutch.