Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orioles @ Reds (4/18 - 4/20)

Featured Replies

Price says Cody Reed will get start on Saturday versus Cubbies.

 

After pitching last night?

  • Replies 100
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After pitching last night?

 

4 days away whats the issue?

After pitching last night?

 

He only went 1 inning, and threw only 10 pitches. He'll be fine.

I hate saying it because he's young, we're only 14 games into the season, and he did fine after the Bruce deal last season, but he's clearly not an every day guy.

 

Yeah I never really thought he was either. He earned the opportunity from the 2nd half of last year and we have no need to rush Winker, but if he's ready they should bring him up for good.

 

I think Schebler will be fine. He's just off to a slow start.

I think Schebler will be fine. He's just off to a slow start.

 

I don't necessarily disagree. But Winker is the guy there. If you think he's ready, and they clearly do, there is no reason to prolong it IMO. He'll absolutely produce at the same or higher level than Schebler.

Are you working Friday night @MJAlltheWay24? I'll be in Section 116.

  • Author
Are you working Friday night @MJAlltheWay24? I'll be in Section 116.

 

I will be down there. If they put me on the third base line, I'll look for you, be nice to finally meet you.

I don't necessarily disagree. But Winker is the guy there. If you think he's ready, and they clearly do, there is no reason to prolong it IMO. He'll absolutely produce at the same or higher level than Schebler.

 

I think they probably want to see if Winker is going to regain some of the pop in his bat after his wrist has completely healed.

I will be down there. If they put me on the third base line, I'll look for you, be nice to finally meet you.

 

I believe it's row R seat 18, but I'll let you know for sure later.

I think they probably want to see if Winker is going to regain some of the pop in his bat after his wrist has completely healed.

 

I agree. Let's see how Winker looks and if he is still on the field about two months from now. If all looks good and Schebler is not up to par, then you make the move.

I agree. Let's see how Winker looks and if he is still on the field about two months from now. If all looks good and Schebler is not up to par, then you make the move.

 

That's a long time to play a man down...

 

Winker has nothing left to prove in the minors. He's going to hit. He's done it at every level and at a high level. He has the swing and approach that translates to good AVG and a high OBP. There's nothing to wait on IMO.

I think once we get a couple of the pitchers back healthy they will move Bronson to the bullpen for long relief. Bronson said after last nights start that he is getting fatigued at about 70 to 75 pitches and that he should probably move to long relief if he doesn't start to feel stronger. I would like to see the Reds keep him in the bullpen to be around some of the younger pitchers.

After pitching last night?

 

Used it just like a bullpen day he said.

I think once we get a couple of the pitchers back healthy they will move Bronson to the bullpen for long relief. Bronson said after last nights start that he is getting fatigued at about 70 to 75 pitches and that he should probably move to long relief if he doesn't start to feel stronger. I would like to see the Reds keep him in the bullpen to be around some of the younger pitchers.

That's right about when he gave up the HR. It was 84 right down the middle.

I don't necessarily disagree. But Winker is the guy there. If you think he's ready, and they clearly do, there is no reason to prolong it IMO. He'll absolutely produce at the same or higher level than Schebler.

 

I think Schebler will be like Chris Heisey. A pinch hitter that has some pop and hope to be clutch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.