One and Not Done - 30 for 30

justsayin

I Never said it would happen again. He asked my preference and I gave it. Hate when kids transfer in HS or college or bolt for the NBA or prep schools. I like to watch teams develop and play together. Such a burden learning 6 new names every year.

Still have to learn 3-4 new names on average each year when teams have all 4 year players.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'd rather be able to watch them play and develop over 4 years of college.

There were a lot of players in the past "golden era" that left "early."

Connie Hawkins only played one year at Iowa in 1961. Of course he was a different story you'd have to look up.

Spencer Haywood went Pro after 1 year at a Juco and 1 year at Detroit University back in 1969.

Moses Malone went from a HS in Petersburg, Va straight to the ABA.

Darryl Dawkins ("Chocolate Thunder") was drafted straight out of HS by the Sixers in 1975.

Bob McAdoo was a 2 year juco, transferred to UNC and went pro after that season in 1972.

Isaiah Thomas only played at IU for two seasons.

James Worthy and Jordan were Juniors when they went pro.

Hakeem Olajuwon was 3 and done.

Marvin Barnes was 3 and done in 1974.

The truth be known there are more "one and dones" now than before. But there were plenty great ones that didn't "develop their craft" in college for 3 or 4 seasons.

Still have to learn 3-4 new names on average each year when teams have all 4 year players.

More than that if you're a TRUE fan. I had to learn who Chris Gettlefinger was for goodness sake! :sneaky:

Watched it last night.

How can we be mad for kids to leave and go get a job and make money? Yes, I would love for them to stay 3-4 years in college. But they are going to make a living playing the sport they love.

The purpose of college is to prepare you for life. With sports it may not take four years to prepare you.