One and Not Done - 30 for 30

justsayin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good, nobody can dispute the fact that he loves his players. His deal is simple the players make him and makes them. A recipe that has generated over 500 million dollars for everyone. His want to win so much, is his downfall though.

I wish they would have concluded the episode with the fact you reference (number of players drafted, cumulative earnings of those players, etc.). It would have punctuated Cal's point.

I thought it did a good job showing that the Camby and Rose incidents had nothing to do with Calipari. I'm not saying he's squeaky clean throughout his career, but he's probably cleaner than many of of his peers and critics, namely Jim Calhoun. In addition, he's been maligned by a large portion of the media without any solid proof to do so except that as head coach he is suppose to control the uncontrollable, such as the Camby-agent violation.

I thought the only mistake he made was avoiding the NCAA on Drose.

I didn't think Memphis (Cal) avoided the NCAA...I thought DRose was who avoided them.

On a deeper note, was this in a way a deeper message sent to the NCAA by ESPN watching how they are going to handle the UNC and U of L situations? The story was clear in saying had these situations (Camby and DRose) happened at Blue blood schools or had they won the championship those years...would the forfeiting banners have happened?