Harlan 21 Lynn Camp 8

TRUE REDHOUND

Turnovers were the key in this game for LC. A block punt, bad snap on a punt, and an int is how Harlan got their tds tonight, with all three drives starting inside LC's own 10. Joe Roskopf had a great night around 200 yards, and a great move on his 75 yard td run. The goal line stand by Harlan d was the difference in the game. Lynn Camp in the games they have lost the big plays have been in the final minutes of the first half. Sidney Wagner getting hurt before half really hurt Lynn Camp, as he was playing great up to that point, and being LC punter, Harlan was able to get a block punt after he goes down. Harlan is a very good defensive team, their are the best in this region this year. LC defense played the best I have seen this year. If the three big turnovers created by the Harlan defense didn't happen, not sure if Harlan would have scored, so i was real proud of the defensive effort. Harlan is in good shape now, Lynn Camp needs to get ready for Evarts, because if they lose that one, they are fighting for their lives as far as the playoffs goes.

Turnovers were the key in this game for LC. A block punt, bad snap on a punt, and an int is how Harlan got their tds tonight, with all three drives starting inside their own 10. Joe Roskopf had a great night around 200 yards, and a great move on his 75 yard td run. The goal line stand by Harlan d was the difference in the game. Lynn Camp in the games they have lost the big plays have been in the final minutes of the first half. Sidney Wagner getting hurt before half really hurt Lynn Camp, as he was playing great up to that point, and being LC punter, Harlan was able to get a block punt after he goes down. Harlan is a very good defensive team, their are the best in this region this year. LC defense played the best I have seen this year. If the three big turnovers created by the Harlan defense didn't happen, not sure if Harlan would have scored, so i was real proud of the defensive effort. Harlan is in good shape now, Lynn Camp needs to get ready Evarts, because if they lose that one, they are fighting for their lives as far as the playoffs goes.

Unless something strange happens I think they'll be okay. Lynn Camp will make and probably be a big factor in the playoffs. As long as they've got Roskopf they've got a chance against anyone in the district.

Was close to score but wrong winner. District is wide open. Somerset still favorite with Harlan 2nd LC and Cland battling for 3rd and 4th.

Don't count out Williamsburg or Evarts yet. It will be coming down to the last week of the season.

I agree that it will probably be Somerset, Harlan, and CHS and LC battling for 3rd and 4th. However with this district being as crazy and loopy as it is, don't be a bit surprised to see a Williamsburg or Evarts make a push. This district ain't never decided and that's why I love it! 6 weeks outta the season you are playing for your lives and that is what makes High School football in the mountains (Best there is IMO) great!

I have to agree with LC99 on this one. I think Lynn Camp's defense is the one that needs to be getting the compliments from this game. While Harlan gets the win, this was by no means their best game defensively. They allowed 283 yards on the ground and 302 total yards. While this doesn't sound horrible for an entire game, it wasn't as good as Lynn Camps defense which allowed only 186 yards for the entire game. If it wasn't for some big plays on special teams and the Lundy interception, this game would be a Lynn Camp win. As far as saying that the "Dragon defense [was] unaffected by the Camp's big front line," I think that 283 yards on the ground IS CONSIDERED getting affected. Harlan had better improve before the playoffs on both sides of the ball because it is very likely that these two teams see each other in the first round. Good win nevertheless.

I have to agree with LC99 on this one. I think Lynn Camp's defense is the one that needs to be getting the compliments from this game. While Harlan gets the win, this was by no means their best game defensively. They allowed 283 yards on the ground and 302 total yards. While this doesn't sound horrible for an entire game, it wasn't as good as Lynn Camps defense which allowed only 186 yards for the entire game. If it wasn't for some big plays on special teams and the Lundy interception, this game would be a Lynn Camp win. As far as saying that the "Dragon defense [was] unaffected by the Camp's big front line," I think that 283 yards on the ground IS CONSIDERED getting affected. Harlan had better improve before the playoffs on both sides of the ball because it is very likely that these two teams see each other in the first round. Good win nevertheless.

Well, you are right in a way, but the way I see it, Harlan's D was playing a much better offense than the Campers were. I guess I watch the front 4 a little much, cause that is where my heart is. I thought that our front D took the big guys out of the game for LC, forcing the runs outside. The vaunted huge line for LC were not a factor IMO. #75 is a great looking lineman though. With a great back like Roscoph, you are going to give up some yards, but they were not up the gut. Our offense is our weakness, we are very uncertain and tentative, and will have to improve to go far in the playoffs. Again, I still give more cudos to the Dragon D as they were playing a better offense. Back to Breathitt and again in this game, if our O could capitalize on the opportunities our Defense gives them, we are 6-0, and the LC score may have been ugly. And how can you discount the big stop on the one. Go Dragon D! Also, special teams are a part of the team, so cudos to them. Thats defense too.

Yeah...we got it done where it was needed. However it should've been about 21-0 at halftime, but oh well. A win is a win, and in this case it was a pretty big DISTRICT win. Defense did pretty well overall, but it did seem Roskopf (however you spell his name) was gonna make some big plays cause it was obvious he was the only one who touched the ball. Good game, good luck in the future for the Camp of Lynn.

Don't count out the skins either baby! We will end up beating Williamsburg and the Camp and Pineville to finish third in this race.

My prediction for the district

1. Sommerset

2. Harlan

3. Cumberland

4. Lynn Camp

Skins absolutely in contention. My only concern is the coaching staff needs to discipline that certain kid who is too good a player to need to hurt his team with his attitude and mouth. Maybe the ejection got his attention. If not, he will never live up to his potential. To me its a coach's responsibility to control his players.

After reading all the posts on this big win for the dragons, this comes to mind . Harlan should have been up 21-0 at halftime but the offense could not be consistant enough to put up 2 more scores. The Harlan staff is doing an outstanding job of putting together their game plans to make this a high powered o but the QB has got to start to make quicker deceisons with the ball and they will start to put up big numbers on the score board. He has a lot of raw talent but sometimes I wish he would just make up his mind and go, either keep it and get up field for what you can or have faith that your receivers will make a play if you get the ball to them.