Harlan 21 Lynn Camp 8

TRUE REDHOUND

I'm missing something here. How was it supposed to have been 21-0 at the half? Harlan had the ball inside the 20 once in the first half and scored. Lynn Camp had the ball on the Harlan 1 and didn't score.

Lynn Camp is unbelievably one-dimensional. Cumberland and Williamsburg could give them some trouble and maybe an improving Evarts.

I have to agree with LC99 on this one. I think Lynn Camp's defense is the one that needs to be getting the compliments from this game. While Harlan gets the win, this was by no means their best game defensively. They allowed 283 yards on the ground and 302 total yards. While this doesn't sound horrible for an entire game, it wasn't as good as Lynn Camps defense which allowed only 186 yards for the entire game. If it wasn't for some big plays on special teams and the Lundy interception, this game would be a Lynn Camp win. As far as saying that the "Dragon defense [was] unaffected by the Camp's big front line," I think that 283 yards on the ground IS CONSIDERED getting affected. Harlan had better improve before the playoffs on both sides of the ball because it is very likely that these two teams see each other in the first round. Good win nevertheless.

283 yards is an excellent game on the ground, considering Mr. Roskopf touched the ball around 30-35 times.

283 yards is an excellent game on the ground, considering Mr. Roskopf touched the ball around 30-35 times.

Last time I checked he had 232 of the rushing yards and he touched the ball 40 times. While you might think this is ammunition for your side of this argument, I think you need to look at those numbers deeper. The last time I checked it didn't take a scholar with a doctorate in mathematics to figure out that 40 goes into 232, 5.8 times. This means that on average he was getting about 6 yards per carry against your defense. While I don't think he is going to challenge Adrian Peterson for the Heisman, that statistic speaks for itself. Which brings me to my final conclusion, two carries at 5.8 yards per carry is a first down and then some.

While I know this wasn't the case always, you have to give some credit to the offensive line of Lynn Camp which seemed to be opening holes (except inside the 20). Given a few of the lucky breaks that you all had, like a blocked punt and a very timely interception, you could be the ones on the end of a 21-8 ball game.

You seem to be walking the line between cocky and confident right now. I understand you have a lot of team pride and that is awesome. However, you should avoid posts which make you come off as being somewhat cocky like this one. After all, wasn't it you which promised me the game ball a few weeks ago? Keep your head level and you will go far, don't and see how quick your comments are disregarded.

Last time I checked he had 232 of the rushing yards and he touched the ball 40 times. While you might think this is ammunition for your side of this argument, I think you need to look at those numbers deeper. The last time I checked it didn't take a scholar with a doctorate in mathematics to figure out that 40 goes into 232, 5.8 times. This means that on average he was getting about 6 yards per carry against your defense. While I don't think he is going to challenge Adrian Peterson for the Heisman, that statistic speaks for itself. Which brings me to my final conclusion, two carries at 5.8 yards per carry is a first down and then some.

While I know this wasn't the case always, you have to give some credit to the offensive line of Lynn Camp which seemed to be opening holes (except inside the 20). Given a few of the lucky breaks that you all had, like a blocked punt and a very timely interception, you could be the ones on the end of a 21-8 ball game.

You seem to be walking the line between cocky and confident right now. I understand you have a lot of team pride and that is awesome. However, you should avoid posts which make you come off as being somewhat cocky like this one. After all, wasn't it you which promised me the game ball a few weeks ago? Keep your head level and you will go far, don't and see how quick your comments are disregarded.

Over reacting a bit aren't we? Seems to be your mission, but anyway, Rosscoph got his yards, around end except for the big busted play. A great back will do that. The big O line was whipped in the middle all night. The Dragon D bent but only broke once. Luck is very relative. I don't buy the luck part. Don't you think the guys meant to block that punt? Of course they did, they took advantage of the opportunity. Otherwise, why rush the kicker?Interception luck? Of course not, good defense, unless Breathitt was "lucky" with theirs that beat the Green Machine. Why not just let them catch it. Come on. I think you are trying to motivate, but its coming across negative like I commented last week. You seem sort of knowledgable, but you are lacking perspective. Stats are great, winning is better. I agree that young guys sometimes come across cocky, but some times us "old" guys run the risk of having tunnel vision and getting cynical. Also, you were insulting with the math comment. That wasn't any more grown up than the young man's comments. That type of comment may cause YOUR comments to be disregarded.

Over reacting a bit aren't we? Seems to be your mission, but anyway, Rosscoph got his yards, around end except for the big busted play. A great back will do that. The big O line was whipped in the middle all night. The Dragon D bent but only broke once. Luck is very relative. I don't buy the luck part. Don't you think the guys meant to block that punt? Of course they did, they took advantage of the opportunity. Otherwise, why rush the kicker?Interception luck? Of course not, good defense, unless Breathitt was "lucky" with theirs that beat the Green Machine. Why not just let them catch it. Come on. I think you are trying to motivate, but its coming across negative like I commented last week. You seem sort of knowledgable, but you are lacking perspective. Stats are great, winning is better. I agree that young guys sometimes come across cocky, but some times us "old" guys run the risk of having tunnel vision and getting cynical. Also, you were insulting with the math comment. That wasn't any more grown up than the young man's comments. That type of comment may cause YOUR comments to be disregarded.

By saying that the plays were not "lucky", you are implying that there are not any plays in football which are lucky? Just because you "mean to do something" doesn't mean that you aren't lucky when you do it. When a team throws a hail marry and they catch it in the end zone to end the game, is that not "lucky" just because they meant to do it? When you get an interception it is good defense, I will give you that. However, a "timely" interception can be considered lucky. The last time I checked I didn't say it was good or bad defense, I was only saying that the "big O Line" of Lynn Camp did not get “dominated” like you said. Maybe I do "over react" to people being somewhat cocky in their comments, I'll admit that. However, as far as telling me my comments aren't grown up doesn't validate someone coming on here and saying things like "Lynn Camp's big O-line got dominated." Remember there are kids from Lynn Camp that read this website too and I was only taking up for them. In the end, all I was stressing was that your "D-line" did not “dominate” anyone which is evident by the statistics. If I do recall coach Donahue said in the Harlan Daily Enterprise himself that this wasn't the best game his defense had played this year. Do you wish to dispute that with him?

I am not taking away from the good win which it was. If you wish to refer to my comments earlier I gave them kudos for a "good win nevertheless." So while I admit that the mathematician comment may have been a little bit over the line and I apologize for that, I don't think I have been insulting to these kids caliber of play what so ever. All that I have done is try to keep Harlan’s heads level in public and not let them soak in comments about how they "dominated" someone. I also do this so that Lynn Camp kids who suffered the loss don’t have to listen to how much Harlan killed them. The last time I checked it was a close game which with the exception of a few plays could have went either way.

To conclude this post I will say that I have nothing against you or any other poster on this website. My only wish is to see these kids play with some form of character not only on the field, but off of it as well, and not give themselves a bad name through some trivial web posts. But like I said, I have nothing against you and I definitely have nothing against these kids. And trust me, I have a lot more "perspective" than you might think. Have a good day.

By saying that the plays were not "lucky", you are implying that there are not any plays in football which are lucky? Just because you "mean to do something" doesn't mean that you aren't lucky when you do it. When a team throws a hail marry and they catch it in the end zone to end the game, is that not "lucky" just because they meant to do it? When you get an interception it is good defense, I will give you that. However, a "timely" interception can be considered lucky. The last time I checked I didn't say it was good or bad defense, I was only saying that the "big O Line" of Lynn Camp did not get “dominated” like you said. Maybe I do "over react" to people being somewhat cocky in their comments, I'll admit that. However, as far as telling me my comments aren't grown up doesn't validate someone coming on here and saying things like "Lynn Camp's big O-line got dominated." Remember there are kids from Lynn Camp that read this website too and I was only taking up for them. In the end, all I was stressing was that your "D-line" did not “dominate” anyone which is evident by the statistics. If I do recall coach Donahue said in the Harlan Daily Enterprise himself that this wasn't the best game his defense had played this year. Do you wish to dispute that with him?

I am not taking away from the good win which it was. If you wish to refer to my comments earlier I gave them kudos for a "good win nevertheless." So while I admit that the mathematician comment may have been a little bit over the line and I apologize for that, I don't think I have been insulting to these kids caliber of play what so ever. All that I have done is try to keep Harlan’s heads level in public and not let them soak in comments about how they "dominated" someone. I also do this so that Lynn Camp kids who suffered the loss don’t have to listen to how much Harlan killed them. The last time I checked it was a close game which with the exception of a few plays could have went either way.

To conclude this post I will say that I have nothing against you or any other poster on this website. My only wish is to see these kids play with some form of character not only on the field, but off of it as well, and not give themselves a bad name through some trivial web posts. But like I said, I have nothing against you and I definitely have nothing against these kids. And trust me, I have a lot more "perspective" than you might think. Have a good day.

:thumb: You have lots of good points. And I suspect we both want the same results. No hard feelings. Go Big Green!!!!!!!!!! And don't get cocky, long way to go and lots of good teams to play. Williamsburg can score like lightning, not a time for a let down. Waggle, have a good day and week!