Kentucky 79 Northern Kentucky 70

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they could have gotten blown out. I'm not denying that. Of course it works both ways. I'm saying Monk DIDN'T play welll, and IF NKU had shot their usual percentage then they could have won. Is this concept so hard to understand?

It's not hard to understand.

Just like I'm assuming that neither is saying that UK easily could have played much closer to their potential and blown NKU out.

Not sure the point in carrying this on. Lots of "ifs" can change a game.

The biggest in-state miss by UK (and UL), and both Tubby and Pitino later admitted to it, was Justin Doellman. Not within last 10 years however.

That's a good one. He was a heck of a player for X. Josh Duncan as well by the time he was a senior he was pretty solid.

I understand what you're saying. My point is that there is a reason that Feldhaus, Pelphrey and Farmers jersey's is hanging in the rafters and most of these one and dones will never.
If Jamal Mashburn does not attend UK, the Unforgettables would not have their jerseys hanging in Rupp.

I haven't seen anyone named yet that I think has changed the course of UK basketball. Lofton is the only one. Elijah Pittman had UK talent but too much other stuff along with it.
I agree, but I do not think Lofton would have had the opportunity to flourish at UK. He was known for taking AND making what would be considered bad shots to Tubby. Keep in mind that Tubby's style of play kept Rondo from exploiting his talent.