Undefeated within their region

Someone sent me this and I thought it interesting enough to share. However, I can't 100% vouch for its accuracy. This is a list of teams that are still undefeated within their own region.

1 -- No one.

2 -- Hoptown and Christian County

3 -- No one.

4 -- Bowling Green

5 -- Adair Co., LaRue Co., & Bardstown

6 -- Fern Creek

7 -- Trinity and Ballard

8 -- Collins and Oldham County

9 -- CovCath and Dixie

10 -- Scott

11 -- P.L. Dunbar

12 -- No one.

13 -- Corbin

14 -- Perry County Central

15 -- No one.

16 -- Elliott County

Any surprises or thoughts?

I don't know a great deal about the 5th Region, but two of those teams (Adair & LaRue) surprise me.

Adair County was expected to be good in the 5th. They are 12-0 against 5th Region teams but they haven't faced and won't face John Hardin or Bardstown in the regular season. They have defeated Taylor County once and will see them again and they have defeated North Hardin so their undefeated region record is respectable.

Larue County has feasted on the bottom half of the 5th Region and will see Adair County, Taylor County, Elizabethtown and Marion County by the end of the year.

To to be fair Bardstown is 7-0 like Larue County is and Bardstown has feasted on the bottom half of the 5th Region as well. They will see John Hardin, North Hardin and Elizabethtown before the season is over.

Adair County was expected to be good in the 5th. They are 12-0 against 5th Region teams but they haven't faced and won't face John Hardin or Bardstown in the regular season. They have defeated Taylor County once and will see them again and they have defeated North Hardin so their undefeated region record is respectable.

Larue County has feasted on the bottom half of the 5th Region and will see Adair County, Taylor County, Elizabethtown and Marion County by the end of the year.

To to be fair Bardstown is 7-0 like Larue County is and Bardstown has feasted on the bottom half of the 5th Region as well. They will see John Hardin, North Hardin and Elizabethtown before the season is over.

We'll know more about the Tigers soon enough. Since so many FB players also play hoops, Bardstown is sometimes a slow starter but always picks up steam this time of year.

I wish we could get a February BHS-Adair matchup this season like we used to occasionally get back in the day. Tigers will get some strong tests real soon with Bullitt East and Apollo on back-to-back nights to finish January, then a February gauntlet featuring John, E'town, Pulaski and North to close out the regular season.

Those guys at Bardstown have big-game experience and I anticipate they will be the toughest team to knock out of the 5th Region tourney.

LaRue Co. seems to be getting their reality check right now with losses in their last three games, but they are down a starter. The Hawks will likely win their district but will take probably 3-4 more losses as their schedule has gotten tougher.

Taylor has some new arrivals from the US Virgin Islands, I've been told, so I'm intrigued about what that will mean for them as they attempt to three-peat in the region.

Heard the same. I think one may have started playing last week.

There are two juniors without numbers listed on the Riherd's Scoreboard roster for them, and I'm told those are the latest.

I've heard that Adair Co. has already reported them to KHSAA. I'm also told two more are on the way to Taylor and will be eligible for the stretch run. Gatewood may have left, but his playbook is still in Campbellsville, it seems.

Should make for an interesting 20th District tournament. :D