Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal

LVGambla32

Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal

I think it's worth noting that the three teams that blitzed BG that are being mentioned, McCracken, Christian, and Owensboro did have a little success...

...they also ended up giving up 42, 44, and 50 to the BG offense.

Good luck with the blitzing...

Also worth noting that McCracken had 4 turnovers in the first half/ out gained BG...CC had 7 turnovers for that game and out gained BG...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also worth noting that McCracken had 4 turnovers in the first half/ out gained BG...CC had 7 turnovers for that game and out gained BG...

McCracken- 42 points, 350 yards (McCracken had 284, 14 points)

Christian- 44 points, 427 yards (Christian had 351, 29 points)

Owensboro- 50 points, 419 yards (OHS had 288, 14 points)

No one in 5A is better equipped to pressure and play man coverage than Christian Co. They had a difficult time keeping Carothers in check (152 rush/71 rec). Owensboro gave up over 100+ yards receiving to Wilson and Kenner. Several sacks in those games, but enough passes to guys running free to allow them to score a lot of points. I am certain the Purples appreciated the turnovers but your analogy that the "blitz factor" is the blueprint to win has not been proven to this point.

McCracken- 42 points, 350 yards (McCracken had 284, 14 points)

Christian- 44 points, 427 yards (Christian had 351, 29 points)

Owensboro- 50 points, 419 yards (OHS had 288, 14 points)

No one in 5A is better equipped to pressure and play man coverage than Christian Co. They had a difficult time keeping Carothers in check (152 rush/71 rec). Owensboro gave up over 100+ yards receiving to Wilson and Kenner. Several sacks in those games, but enough passes to guys running free to allow them to score a lot of points. I am certain the Purples appreciated the turnovers but your analogy that the "blitz factor" is the blueprint to win has not been proven to this point.

Not to win. I posed the question was it the solution to slowing BG down. Too many weapons to stop! BG likes to get the ball to their play makers in space, and Payne is very smart throws a great ball but not with a lot of velocity. You can account for the WRs but you cannot account for that MAN in the backfield which is why I think teams are blitzing hoping to limit his touches. No knock against BG just asking if Fern Creek has the horses to get it done.

I'm really intrigued with this match up after watching FC carve up Dixie Heights and then beat Covcath.

I don't think FC is as one dimensional as they lead on. Their QB threw laser guided missiles against Dixie and has a good touch on the ball as well when they screen or he needs to float a pass to a receiver in man coverage.

I really appreciate the objective Purple fans who have showed nothing but respect for this game and FC. I wish I knew more about BG. I'll give the edge to the Purples. FCs kicking game struggles. I think the difference will be a couple missed extra points and a failed 2 point conversion.

28-26 BG

...and enjoy that DJ! :thumb: