NBA MVP Race

Russ

Harden

KD

Lebron

Kawhi

Right now it is Russ and it isn't close. He is insane right now.

I think the next four are extremely close to one another and interchangeable. Lebron is suffering from MJ Fatigue. The condition where you are the best player on the planet but for some reason you have to do more than normal to prove your worth. Lebron is the real MVP but as long as Russ, Harden, KD and Kawhi are doing what they are doing then he won't win the MVP award. He'll just keep winning titles like MJ did.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Now seems like a fun time to revisit this with Harden's NYE explosion.

The favorites:

Harden 28/12/8 (26-9; 3rd in Western Conference)

Westbrook 30/10/10 (21-13; 5th in Western Conference)

Because I'm a fan:

LeBron 25/8/7 (25-7; 1st in Eastern Conference)

Because I predicted he would win '16-17 MVP in this thread:

Leonard 24/6/3 (27-7; 2nd in Western Conference)

I may have sent mixed signals by including Kawhi's numbers in my last post, but we're not discussing bums in this thread. Strictly MVP candidates.

:lol2: Jimmy Butler will make you think that about him sometime.

My pick, Russ, I still think is in the lead. Harden and the league's worst shooter, LeBron James, just behind.

:lol2: Jimmy Butler will make you think that about him sometime.

My pick, Russ, I still think is in the lead. Harden and the league's worst shooter, LeBron James, just behind.

It's gonna be tough to beat a triple-double average, but if the Rockets can grab the 2-seed, Harden might just do it.

My son and I have this argument going on this season. Who has more help? Harden at Houston or Russ at OKC?

I say Harden has more help and a better team and that Russ has to come close to averaging a triple double for OKC to win. He says Russ has more help and OKC is better than Houston and that Harden should be MVP.

Who is right? Pops or The Second Coming?

Not if OKC is the 5 seed or higher.

I said might. And I agree with you, assuming stats stay where they are, fifth would probably be surprising enough to win it for Russ.

And to your other question, the Rockets are a better team than OKC.

So is the MVP the best player on the best team or the player carrying more of the load for his (also good) team?

I said might. And I agree with you, assuming stats stay where they are, fifth would probably be surprising enough to win it for Russ.

And to your other question, the Rockets are a better team than OKC.

So is the MVP the best player on the best team or the player carrying more of the load for his (also good) team?

I think it depends. In this case Russ having OKC as the fifth seed or higher has me shocked so I give him the nod. If Harden gets the Rockets the #1 seed then I'm good with him getting it over a #4 or #5 seed OKC.

• 2 weeks later...