Hot take...

MentschTrachtGottLacht

Well Lamar will probably be a RB in the NFL and its always hard to judge how that will transfer over. Watson will probably be the #1 pick by the Browns, presumably, and you should never bet on a Cleveland QB, McCaffrey is a toss up. I think his ceiling is Giovani Bernard and his floor is Rex Burkhead. I think he'll be a very good kick and punt returner in the NFL, but outside of that its a little foggy.

I can see McCaffrey being a slot receiver in the NFL, depending on the team he could be deadly or get completely lost...kid is a player, but so much success depends on where you fall.

I'm sold on Jackson, even with such a small sample of games, kid will get it done at the next level. QB is tough to make Pro Bowl at though...but that will be less about him than how many other great QB's there are.

Watson needs to get hurt soon and drop down past Cleveland...As great as he looked last year never seeming to make a wrong call or bad decision, the same can't be said about him this season. I honestly have no idea what to expect out of him at the next level.

I can see McCaffrey being a slot receiver in the NFL, depending on the team he could be deadly or get completely lost...kid is a player, but so much success depends on where you fall.

I'm sold on Jackson, even with such a small sample of games, kid will get it done at the next level. QB is tough to make Pro Bowl at though...but that will be less about him than how many other great QB's there are.

Watson needs to get hurt soon and drop down past Cleveland...As great as he looked last year never seeming to make a wrong call or bad decision, the same can't be said about him this season. I honestly have no idea what to expect out of him at the next level.

With the Pro Bowl often being the week before the Super Bowl and players skipping out on the festivities, it is as easy as it has ever been to make the squad. Wasn't it David Garrard that recently made the Pro Bowl going 6-6 one season? I think that same season Vince Young was a Pro Bowler. Now maybe these three will never be selected, but as an alternate it opens the pool, big time. Say there are 15 QBs that start a season for a conference. 1 guy can't play because he is the Superbowl, 5 teams will not keep the same QB for a season, 5 take pause having just played in the playoffs, and the others are the alternates.

With the Pro Bowl often being the week before the Super Bowl and players skipping out on the festivities, it is as easy as it has ever been to make the squad. Wasn't it David Garrard that recently made the Pro Bowl going 6-6 one season? I think that same season Vince Young was a Pro Bowler. Now maybe these three will never be selected, but as an alternate it opens the pool, big time. Say there are 15 QBs that start a season for a conference. 1 guy can't play because he is the Superbowl, 5 teams will not keep the same QB for a season, 5 take pause having just played in the playoffs, and the others are the alternates.

He could, but my point was that he could be pretty good and not necessarily make a Pro Bowl either due to the number of good QBs.

Let's agree making the Pro Bowl as the 5th alternate may on the surface make my hot take wrong, but really, wouldn't.

McCafferty is a man without a position, in my opinion. Will be interesting to see what he is clocked at in Indy. Maybe, maybe, a slot guy. Don't see him as a tailback / 3rd down back at all.

The larger point though is this: I find it interesting that the 3 best players in college, at this point, none are shoo-ins to even start in the NFL.

Let's agree making the Pro Bowl as the 5th alternate may on the surface make my hot take wrong, but really, wouldn't.

McCafferty is a man without a position, in my opinion. Will be interesting to see what he is clocked at in Indy. Maybe, maybe, a slot guy. Don't see him as a tailback / 3rd down back at all.

The larger point though is this: I find it interesting that the 3 best players in college, at this point, none are shoo-ins to even start in the NFL.

MaCafferty a man without a position? Sounds like the perfect fit for McDaniels and the Pats. One can hope, right?