Levels of how offended you are or would be

A and B are the same.

C. I'd never boo a president while being introduced. But I could see booing a comment he made. Meeting a president or past president is on my bucket list. Not a cooler person than one who has the chance to run the greatest country on the planet. Whether I liked his views or not.

Quick story: my sophomore year at WKU Ronald Reagan came and spoke on campus. I was one of a handful of students that had the great opportunity to serve as "greeters" and shake his hand in a receiving line of sorts. Was amazing...the aura around him was just hard to explain. On a funny note, during his address, a balloon had gotten loose, sailed to the ceiling, and popped. It startled everyone, as you can imagine, and without missing a beat, Reagan broke from his speech and said, "...you missed..." The place lost it!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick story: my sophomore year at WKU Ronald Reagan came and spoke on campus. I was one of a handful of students that had the great opportunity to serve as "greeters" and shake his hand in a receiving line of sorts. Was amazing...the aura around him was just hard to explain. On a funny note, during his address, a balloon had gotten loose, sailed to the ceiling, and popped. It startled everyone, as you can imagine, and without missing a beat, Reagan broke from his speech and said, "...you missed..." The place lost it!!

I'm envious!

Great story.

The three POTUS of my lifetime (that I can remember) all seem like awesome people to sit down and have a couple beers with. The stories they could tell us, especially President Clinton!

Agree totally!!!!

I'd love to spend a day with each of them. That would be amazing! W , WJC, and BHO would all be a blast to hang with for a day. And though they're 90 now, Carter and GHWB would be fun to listen to as well.

Edited by Science Friction

Yes Former President Clinton could tell you about all the times he flew with Jeffrey Epstein and had sex with all the underage girls.

The only President I would like to meet is George Washington.

Just wow ! I, for one, would like to meet any or all of them. Plus, do you know for a fact your first statement is accurate?

There has been very little, if anything, that I have found particularly offensive about anything anyone on here has ever posted. I'm pretty much okay with all of it. To each his own. So, no big deal about A, B, or C if that's what you want to do. Now, as we talked about in another thread, putting makeup on little 5 yo girls and dressing them up in suggestive clothing to look like teenagers...that offends me .

Imagine if everyone spoke their real feelings instead of their I want to keep the peace feelings.

Racism has been reignited over the last 4 years. People are unleashing any resentment they have built up. Not me, I'll let the ship sail without jumping on board. I feel the same way I do about all my black friends as I did 5 years ago. I will do whatever I can for them.

Racism has been reignited over the last 4 years. People are unleashing any resentment they have built up. Not me, I'll let the ship sail without jumping on board. I feel the same way I do about all my black friends as I did 5 years ago. I will do whatever I can for them.

Racism seems the same to me as it did 20-30 years ago. People just have platforms for their views now is all.

I feel this way about all professions.

If a cop pulls me over for speeding, its may fault, not his. I have respect for him doing that. I broke the law, not him.

My Boss, yes I respect my boss because my boss shows me respect. He dont go behind my back and he dont make bad decisions for everyone.

So, you're ok if I don't respect you then, right? I mean, I don't think you've earned it, afterall.

Of course, your comments do explain your way of responding. So, at least that's clarified.