Levels of how offended you are or would be

What offends you, or would offend you, more:

a) Anyone, regardless of race, taking a knee / seat during the National Anthem?

b) Someone standing during the anthem but screwing with their phone, talking, laughing, and otherwise not paying attention?

c) Booing any current President of the United States?

As an American, I'm far more bothered by C, then B, then A. In the Case of B vs. A, in A's case, you are making a conscious decision for some reason. In B's case, you are standing because everyone else is, but you aren't giving the Anthem and what it stands for (regardless of what you think it stands for) any thought at all. I find that way worse.

I'm also certain I'm going to be in the minority.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. C

2. B

3. A

I'm sure the two most recent POTUS have had it worse due to technology than previous POTUS but the lack of respect shown to those two is disappointing to say the least. Maybe we've always had that level of disrespect but had no real outlet to express it to the masses but I know that TODAY it's very disappointing.

Probably similar to what you listed. To be honest though not sure which one would bother me more between B/C. They are both super disrespectful, but C is similar to A I think in that it's a form of statement/protest. B shows a total lack of caring, which really gets me. When the NA is being played before our basketball games I have had kids grabassing, talking, laughing, just being totally disrespectful. It's been all I could do to not walk back into the line, grab them by the arm and set them straight while the NA was playing. I have had some very loud, serious discussions with some young men about that.

1. C

2. B

3. A

I'm sure the two most recent POTUS have had it worse due to technology than previous POTUS but the lack of respect shown to those two is disappointing to say the least. Maybe we've always had that level of disrespect but had no real outlet to express it to the masses but I know that TODAY it's very disappointing.

Well said. And I don't see the level of disrespect going away anytime soon. C by a mile.

Romans 13:1-2

Obedience in Authority.*

Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been established by God.

Therefore, whoever resists authority opposes what God has appointed, and those who oppose it will bring judgment upon themselves.

B

C

A

Can't stand people talking during the anthem. That's the biggest form of insult that there is IMO. While I don't agree w/ Kap, he's doing it in peaceful protest. Maybe I'm wrong here, but nothing says "screw off" more than blatant talking during the anthem.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Would like more context before I would answer . If Obama stood up at Town hall in my hometown and announced " my plan is to bring 500 Pakistan refugees to Portsmouth Oh " I'd have a hard time holding a Boo in , just being honest .

I'd like to say C but I have a large degree of dissatisfaction with our current president.

Edited by True blue (and gold)