BluegrassPreps - Western Kentucky Power Ranking - 09/04/16

Purple88

Thanks @Toothpick!

I am curious how Cardinal Nation is simmering on this eve-eve before the biggest regular season game of the year. The poll in the next door thread is just about even. Most think the game is too. What is the X factor in this game?

Most here expect a close game that the Cards manage to win. That will be a tall task this year as this should be the best team MC has ever fielded in their short existence.

The X factor, is likely factors. The line play has been stellar for MC and the Cards are still having some issues at times on both sides of the ball. This is a biggie for me, especially against their ultra big, quick and strong D line. Trajon will have some tough sledding. On the flip side can we get to $ Jones, if we cant he will pick us apart and will our secondary get the wrinkles out, they will need to play better. Finally the forecast calls for a hot and humid night where their depth could be a problem.

But never count out the Cards, if anybody can do it they can

Everyone talks about what Mayfield has to do but MC has plenty to worry about themselves. Like Bright and our receivers. Mayfield usually steps up to it's competition and I expect them to this game, win or lose.

Snake-

Bottom line, the team that has the most to lose is McCracken. I will say this, MC is in trouble if they don't bring their A game. Anything less, and mayfield wins.