Reds @ Pirates (8/5 - 8/7)

The stat is more than that, it's the 1st batter that the reliever faces when they come out of the bullpen. The Reds have had multiple guys do it in an inning. It's becoming almost comical. I don't think any team will ever approach the number the Reds are going to put up here. You would think at some point they are going to be afraid to pitch to the 1st guy and maybe walk him to avoid it. This has to soon become a running joke on ESPN or somewhere where they start tracking it on Sportscenter or something. Has anybody in the pen avoided this?

Reliever comes out of the bullpen pumped up and bullet proof and throw a fast ball right down the middle. High fastball last night. Wonder how many of those 24 were fastballs? I pretty sure Hoover, Diaz and Wood were all fastballs.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy stat during the telecast. APR - JUN Reds bullpen was basically terrible and worst in the NL in a lot of categories (no surprise there for those of us that watch them). Since then (basically JUL + week of AUG) they are Top 3 in the NL in a bunch of categories. Iglesias and Lorenzen are certainly big factors.

Reds win and Billy has several stolen bases and a great catch!!!!!

Billy is disruptive. Couple of bad baserunning decisions (a good throw nails him at home in the 1st, but you have to put pressure on the defense and make them make the play; meaningless caught stealing in the 9th).

Cole has allowed a ton of stolen bases this year. Before today, I think they said he'd allowed 12/13 SBs. Billy didn't help those stats today.

Billy is disruptive. Couple of bad baserunning decisions (a good throw nails him at home in the 1st, but you have to put pressure on the defense and make them make the play; meaningless caught stealing in the 9th).

Cole has allowed a ton of stolen bases this year. Before today, I think they said he'd allowed 12/13 SBs. Billy didn't help those stats today.

I wonder what happened with that. Looked like a decent jump but then he just stopped running.