Reds @ Pirates (8/5 - 8/7)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are rebuilding. Not like they are making moves or putting in contracts that deter from that.

Maybe, lamb is now back in the minors (hopefully Reed to follow) which means the put service time on those guys when they obviously were not ready. Time will tell if that works in their favor or not.

It would be just like the Reds to turn around and do something like leap frog the Brewers and Pirates after the way the season has been, but think they will do just that. Offense has never been their problem and the pitching staff top to bottom right now the way they are performing is as good as any in the division not named Cubs. Lot of baseball to be played. Somebody smarter than me and with more time figure out what their record would have to be the rest of the way and other teams in the division(Pirates and Brewers for now) would have to be for the Reds to take over 3rd.

It would be just like the Reds to turn around and do something like leap frog the Brewers and Pirates after the way the season has been, but think they will do just that. Offense has never been their problem and the pitching staff top to bottom right now the way they are performing is as good as any in the division not named Cubs. Lot of baseball to be played. Somebody smarter than me and with more time figure out what their record would have to be the rest of the way and other teams in the division(Pirates and Brewers for now) would have to be for the Reds to take over 3rd.

Very good. :lol2:

Pirates are at .500 right now so lets say they finish 81-81.

The Reds would have to go 37-18 to tie them.

Edited by HammerTime

Very good. :lol2:

Pirates are at .500 right now so lets say they finish 81-81.

The Reds would have to go 37-18 to tie them.

That didn't take long at all. :thumb:

I'm gonna go ahead and say the Reds finish 1 game ahead of the Pirates, what the hay

We complain because they don't win and are awful to watch.

They start winning and now we complain because they are playing good baseball and ruining where they'll draft.

lol

This team is not going to be drafting high

The one in May, yes. Not this one

One of the craziest stats I've ever heard of !!!!

The stat is more than that, it's the 1st batter that the reliever faces when they come out of the bullpen. The Reds have had multiple guys do it in an inning. It's becoming almost comical. I don't think any team will ever approach the number the Reds are going to put up here. You would think at some point they are going to be afraid to pitch to the 1st guy and maybe walk him to avoid it. This has to soon become a running joke on ESPN or somewhere where they start tracking it on Sportscenter or something. Has anybody in the pen avoided this?