New Alignment in 6A Districts 6-3 and 6-5 in 2007 - 2009...

Looks as if the districts are pretty much the same as befor: St. X has a tougher district and trinity has the weaker district.....

Whats new....

6-3 Butler, Manual, PRP and St. X...

Butler has been consistently respectable over the years, winning a couple of State Championships in good years. Manual is improving and they too have a tradition of State Championships and State game appearances in recent years. PRP is supposed to be loaded this year and is probable the big contender to St. X out side of Male for this years district title. It is a relief that Male is not in the district, although, playing against some of the best players this state has ever produced has been a challenge and has helped St. X to where they are today...

6-5 Ballard, Eastern, Seneca and Trinity...

Ballard - a step or two below Butler.... Never won a state title and has been the brides maid for many years at the expense of trinity. Dont see this changing.... Eastern - well they are not a team that one is accustomed to seeing compete in the second and third rounds of the playoffs.... .500 at best... Seneca, well except for a very nice year a couple ago, not heard much out of this program either....

From my perspective, sounds as if the St. X bunch got the good tough competition.... the trinity bunch got the watered down version, again......

Your thoughts and comments are welcome.........

Looks as if the districts are pretty much the same as befor: St. X has a tougher district and trinity has the weaker district.....

You make it sound like Trinity had a choice in the matter.

I understand Southern officially asked that they not be in a district with St. X. Butler was blind sided by this switch. I'm sure Manual was thrilled as well. This portion was not voted on by the schools, only the move to 6 classes. I believe Male's district is the weakest link with Southern, Bullitt Central and Fern Creek.

Also note 4 team districts will play their district games week 5,7 and 9...so the Male/Manual game may be played at the end. The Trinity/St. Xavier tussle will also be able to remain on the same weekend with no open date on either side before and after.

Good points rock 86. I realize no team had input of where they would endup... Yes, Male seems to have recieved a cakewalk in district play. I really don't think the realignment matters much. The same schools that have won championships will continue to win championships. The system will be gracious enough to let 0-10 and 1-9 teams in the playoffs..... This will be a benefit for the youngsters......... What a joke?

Whats new....

6-3 Butler, Manual, PRP and St. X...

6-5 Ballard, Eastern, Seneca and Trinity...

From my perspective, sounds as if the St. X bunch got the good tough competition.... the trinity bunch got the watered down version, again......

Your thoughts and comments are welcome.........

My thoughts on your comments... First, you seem so hateful towards Trinity. Why? Let it go. Take a deep breath and think "last game". There, now you should feel better. :jump:

Second - I don't think the Trinity district is as weak as you are trying to portray. Both Ballard and Eastern have had tremendous teams in the past, and will again. In fact Eastern seems to have a very nice team coming back this year. Ballard is always a tough contender. Male is out of your district. Butler, PRP, and Manual have only recently reemerged from mediocrity. And they may be headed that way again. I’d give the nod to X’s district, but not by much.

Finally, are you trying to use this as an excuse? Trinity's 16 titles, 4 out of the last 5 titles, X's loss last year? Tougher competition makes a team better, not worse. X should win every title, but does not. Maybe “last game” will help.

I agree with a lot of what you say RunFirst. It seems that some have memories that don't extend back for more than a couple of seasons. In the the new 6A districts that now have H, X and T as the headliners, the rest of the teams are up and down over the years. It seems that Riverside's memory works just fine when he critiques Manual, talking about state titles. The last was almost fifty years ago. :lol:

Also RunFirst, I think the mantra goes... HMMMMM...Last Game...HMMMMM...Humble and Hungry... HMMMMM...Last Game... HMMMMM...etc.

The interesting portion worth noting is the Nelson County region could draw the Northern Kentucky region and the two predominantly Louisville regions could get each other. It's a one in three shot every year I suppose. The KHSAA has stated regions 1 and 2 and regions 7 and 8 will ALWAYS play each other due to distance.....so "blind draw" only affects 4 regions.....

My biggest worry is that since Male is in another district, will Bobby Redman try to dispose of Ye Olde Rivalry?

I imagine that if he does try to there will be a public cry for his removal from all involved, and many traditionalists around town. It will be interesting to see if Male schedules St. X. I don't see them playing when this goes into effect.

I imagine that if he does try to there will be a public cry for his removal from all involved, and many traditionalists around town. It will be interesting to see if Male schedules St. X. I don't see them playing when this goes into effect.

Wouldn't surpise me one bit. Red has never liked playing Trintiy or x if he didn't have to.