Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs Ashland

Featured Replies

This one aint even close... Ashland is too soft up the middle... if raceland can run the ball an Ashland then Belfry will run ashland right into the ground... the only way the Tomcats have a prayer to defeat the RED ARMY of belfry if Belfry helps them and turns the ball over or if they get a little home cookin!!

 

But no in all seriousness Ashland will not be up to they challenge nor do they have the willpower to want to stop THE ARMY'S "BAD TO THE BONE WISHBONE"

 

BELFRY-40 ASHLAND-10

  • Replies 179
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After that showing against Raceland,they have alot to work on. One week,I don't think is enough time.

 

 

BELFRY 28

 

ASHLAND 8

 

 

I want to see another great game like I saw last year againist Belfry:sssh:

 

GO DEVILS :fire:

Things are not always what they appear to be. Belfry and Ashland have been thru the "wars" in the past...and IMO..this game will be no different. I would expect to see the Tomcats put 10 in the box...and Belfry will try to shove it right down their throats.

 

Belfry's offense is still working out the kinks...and despite the loss to Raceland..this is still Ashland. I know Belfry has alot of respect for the Tomcats.....and their ability to rise to the occasion. At this point...it's hard for me to see the Pirates scoring 35-40 points....until their offense begins to click....probably around week 4-5

 

IMO, this game will come down to three things...turnovers, Defensive line play..and overall team speed.

 

Belfry must cut down on their mis-snaps and fumblitis...If they can limit the mistakes...this one's probably Belfry's.

 

If Ashland can play in the box and neutralize the speed of Belfry...this game's even money.

 

Not sure how it will come out..but it'll be a good one.

Things are not always what they appear to be. Belfry and Ashland have been thru the "wars" in the past...and IMO..this game will be no different. I would expect to see the Tomcats put 10 in the box...and Belfry will try to shove it right down their throats.

 

Belfry's offense is still working out the kinks...and despite the loss to Raceland..this is still Ashland. I know Belfry has alot of respect for the Tomcats.....and their ability to rise to the occasion. At this point...it's hard for me to see the Pirates scoring 35-40 points....until their offense begins to click....probably around week 4-5

 

IMO, this game will come down to three things...turnovers, Defensive line play..and overall team speed.

 

Belfry must cut down on their mis-snaps and fumblitis...If they can limit the mistakes...this one's probably Belfry's.

 

If Ashland can play in the box and neutralize the speed of Belfry...this game's even money.

 

Not sure how it will come out..but it'll be a good one.

 

I heard Belfry fumbled 5 or 6 times last week.

I heard Belfry fumbled 5 or 6 times last week.

Belfry heard Ashland couldn't make a special teams tackle!:sssh:

Well, well well. Where to start. First off Id like to say that I still believe that Ashland is a Good Football team, and to all of you "loyal" fans who say this will be a long season I feel you are giving up way too fast. There are ten games in a season, one mess up is although not desired, happens. I however think Ashlands season is far from over and I think the players feel the same. Their goal has changed from simply winning games to proving somthing. Proving that they are not going to give up. Belfry is a good Football team and I am extremely excited about this weeks matchup. I saw some good things Friday night. We ran the football. For the last couple of years we have had a large amount of trouble doing this and we actually ran the football. Redzone play needs to improve but theres no doubt in my mind that Coach Hart will have these boys ready to play Friday night. We've got a good group of kids and I think Raceland just opened our eyes a little. Im not going to predict a score, but I think you will see a very different Ashland squad Friday night. Good luck to voth teams in their contest.

 

Keeping my head high and hoping you do the same,

Yoter

I heard Belfry fumbled 5 or 6 times last week.

 

You're right...The Pirates did lay the ball on the ground several times last Friday. As I stated...they're offense is not clicking on all cylinders..ala most Haywood teams at the beginning of the year.

 

The fumbles were not the result of hard hitting...but just mis-snaps and a general malaise in the progression of the offense.

 

Belfry has all the tools to make a strong run by years end....but buyer beware...they've still got alot of growing up to do.

I pick Belfry over Ashland, but it will not be a blow-out. They are playing in Putnam Stadium, which is a tough place to play. Belfry will have to hold on to the ball but will come out with the win. :p

Belfry 21

Ashland 7

Belfry heard Ashland couldn't make a special teams tackle!:sssh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, well well. Where to start. First off Id like to say that I still believe that Ashland is a Good Football team, and to all of you "loyal" fans who say this will be a long season I feel you are giving up way too fast. There are ten games in a season, one mess up is although not desired, happens. I however think Ashlands season is far from over and I think the players feel the same. Their goal has changed from simply winning games to proving somthing. Proving that they are not going to give up. Belfry is a good Football team and I am extremely excited about this weeks matchup. I saw some good things Friday night. We ran the football. For the last couple of years we have had a large amount of trouble doing this and we actually ran the football. Redzone play needs to improve but theres no doubt in my mind that Coach Hart will have these boys ready to play Friday night. We've got a good group of kids and I think Raceland just opened our eyes a little. Im not going to predict a score, but I think you will see a very different Ashland squad Friday night. Good luck to voth teams in their contest.

 

Keeping my head high and hoping you do the same,

Yoter

 

 

I agree. As I said before, I don't think this Friday's game will be a blowout. Ashland is a much better team than what they have shown in the first two scrimmages and in game 1, and they have improved through each. The true test will be if the Ashland kids put the past behind them and focus on the present. It is a good and talented bunch of boys that have seen success all the way up thru school and I feel there's no reason they can't be successful this season.

I understand the Tomcat fans loyalty,I really respect it but sometimes it can be blinding... Belfry beat the #1 team in 1A last Friday and Ashland couldn't beat a 1A team who wasn't ranked. Unless the coaching staff can work miracles, I don't see Ashland winning this one. I don't see how anyone could, unless your looking through maroon eyes. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it's very unlikely.

I understand the Tomcat fans loyalty,I really respect it but sometimes it can be blinding... Belfry beat the #1 team in 1A last Friday and Ashland couldn't beat a 1A team who wasn't ranked. Unless the coaching staff can work miracles, I don't see Ashland winning this one. I don't see how anyone could, unless your looking through maroon eyes. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it's very unlikely.

That 1-A team you mentioned is now ranked at #10.:thumb:

Ashland 7

Belfry 28

 

What? You are picking Belfry over Ashland....

What's the injury report for both teams? I know Bonner is out, but is anyone else? How about the Pirates will everyone be ready to go on friday night?

Even though its in Putnam Stadium, I have to take Belfry in this one. Belfry beat arguable the favorite to win the 1A title this year while Ashland lost to a solid but no where near NCC caliber team. As someone already said, Belfry's strength is Ashlands weakness and that is where this game will be decided, in the trenches. My prediction:

 

Belfry: 21

Ashland: 14

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.