Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs Ashland

Featured Replies

Interesting 2 in a row pattern lately. I hope it holds. :D

  • Replies 179
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite honestly...it's way to early to get too high or too low about any program. By the 4th or 5th week teams will begin to separate and coordinate as the have and have nots. A win or loss in the 2nd game of the season is not going to make or break Ashland or Belfry. I certainly think this game is an intriguing match so early in the season....and both teams should gain a better perspective as too where the improvement must come from in order to meet season goals and expectations.

 

Both programs are steeped in tradition and well coached. It'll be interesting to see if Ashland stacks the box with 10....and if so..can Belfry, as they have in the past, execute with enough precision to move the chains.

 

IMO, that's the ballgame.

Thats proof positive that AA is WEAK! BC should try and drop down a class. :lol:

 

Don't start that stuff. Just because Boyd UPSET 2 teams that should have beat them does not mean the whole class is weak. Tell me 2A is weak after the 3rd week of the season. We'll see how your Tomcats fare against a "weak" 2A. The fact Boyd beat the 2A champs both years is just ironic, nothing else. Your Tomcats are 2-4 against lil ole' weak 2A Russell since 2000.

:lol: If we were going by GIAT's logic then AAA must be a very weak class if a Raceland can beat up on AAA Ashland. :thumb:

:lol: If we were going by GIAT's logic then AAA must be a very weak class if a Raceland can beat up on AAA Ashland. :thumb:

 

Really by his logic maybe Ashland should play in AA as well. That way they will be able to beat up on the weak teams that make up class AA.:rolleyes:

 

I really appreciate the majority of the Ashland posters honesty and integrity concerning the team and the games. I'm glad not everyone is completely clouded by their maroon glasses. While I commend GIAT's enthusiasm toward his team but there is a time to be a gracious looser. If you get beat admit it and congratulate the winners and not blame it on bad officiating, Ashland beating themselves....etc, Give credit where credit is due.

 

I've said my piece and it's time to move on. Look forward to seeing Ashland in a couple of weeks.

From 2000 - 2005 it is 2-4.

 

2000 Russell 28 Ashland 12

2001 Russell 28 Ashland 21

2002 Ashland 28 Russell 19

2003 Ashland 33 Russell 14

2004 Russell 28 Ashland 14

2005 Russell 21 Ashland 13

 

 

I hate to rub this in, and if wasn't for GIAT being so boastful I wouldn't, but I knew the record before I asked.

 

And I bet he knew it was 2-3 during the last five years, too. The fact that it is 2-4 over the last 6 years is like icing on the cake.:D

I hate to rub this in, and if wasn't for GIAT being so boastful I wouldn't, but I knew the record before I asked.

 

And I bet he knew it was 2-3 during the last five years, too. The fact that it is 2-4 over the last 6 years is like icing on the cake.:D

 

 

The fact that Russell has 2 State Titles compared to Ashland's 11, is like more than 5 times the maroon icing on my cake. ;) :sssh: :p Now cmon boys lets stop this non sense....

Don't start that stuff. Just because Boyd UPSET 2 teams that should have beat them does not mean the whole class is weak. Tell me 2A is weak after the 3rd week of the season. We'll see how your Tomcats fare against a "weak" 2A. The fact Boyd beat the 2A champs both years is just ironic, nothing else. Your Tomcats are 2-4 against lil ole' weak 2A Russell since 2000.

;):p;)

The fact that Russell has 2 State Titles compared to Ashland's 11, is like more than 5 times the maroon icing on my cake. ;) :sssh: :p Now cmon boys lets stop this non sense....

According to the list of former state champions in the Daily Independent football preview they each have two. Ashland 1967 2A and 1990 3A. Russell 1978 3A and 2005 2A. So by KHSAA championships they are tied. Belfry Also has two. 2003 and 2004 2A. But feel free to embelish all you like.:thumb:

Don't start that stuff. Just because Boyd UPSET 2 teams that should have beat them does not mean the whole class is weak. Tell me 2A is weak after the 3rd week of the season. We'll see how your Tomcats fare against a "weak" 2A. The fact Boyd beat the 2A champs both years is just ironic, nothing else. Your Tomcats are 2-4 against lil ole' weak 2A Russell since 2000.

 

 

Even I (the perennial 2A "defender"...LOL) didn't take GIAT's comment seriously. Didn't you all notice the " :lol: " ?

 

:jump:

Lets get back to the Belfry / Ashland game.

If judged strictly by each teams opening game, it would be:

 

Belfry 27

Ashland 0

 

But...it rarely works that way, especially in Putnam. Look for a pretty tight game, instead. Something like:

 

Belfry 20

Ashland 14

If judged strictly by each teams opening game, it would be:

 

Belfry 27

Ashland 0

 

But...it rarely works that way, especially in Putnam. Look for a pretty tight game, instead. Something like:

 

Belfry 20

Ashland 14

 

Exactly what I am thinking.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.