Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs Ashland

Featured Replies

I'm with oneijoe and billyrayjoebob

  • Replies 179
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats proof positive that AA is WEAK! BC should try and drop down a class. :lol:

 

Easy there ole buddy.....When you start winning again, then you can go back to bragging....Boyd is weak this year, but your Tomcats havent proved that they can even knock them off right now....;)

The fact Boyd beat the 2A champs both years is just ironic, nothing else.QUOTE]

 

Ironic? No

Not sure what game you were watching but Boyd was much better that night than Russell. That game was not even close! Russell players were going out of the game right and left. Now, to what happened to Boyd the rest of the year, no one knows. You can discredit a lot of factors, but bottom line is Boyd whipped Russell.

 

Now on the subject of the Ashland/Belfry....I am gonna say that Ashland performed belong the standard against Raceland, somewhat like Russell against Boyd last year. Both Russell(last year) and Ashland(this year) did not expect to get roughed up, and the did. Raceland played like Boyd last year, and was just more physical then the other team. I am gonna say the Coach Hart spotted that weakness and will have the Tomcats ready for the upset.

 

BTW, Boyd knocked Belfry off in 03 the same way as Russell and Belfry went on to win every game after and win Championship, but beating Belfry early in the season is not hard. They are normally out of football shape bad up until fourth game or so. I am gonna stay with Ashland on this one:thumb:

Actually it was kind of Ironic.

 

Boyd Did whip Russell last year. No doubt about it. They played more physical and as you said Russell had many kids leave with injuries during that game.

 

As for Belfry being bad at the beginging of the year and out of shape I don't know. Is there any team that is in "football shape" until they have played a few games.

 

Bottom line Belfry is physically stronger on the line and at least equal to Ashland in speed. The Pirates will wear Ashland down and take control of this game.

If at Belfry, bet on Belfry.

If on neutral field, bet on Belfry

Since at Putnam Stadium, bet on Ashland.

The player of the game will be the home field advantage.

If at Belfry, bet on Belfry.

If on neutral field, bet on Belfry

Since at Putnam Stadium, bet on Ashland.

The player of the game will be the home field advantage.

"you've got to know when to hold em' know when to fold em' know when to walk away and know when run.

If at Belfry, bet on Belfry.

If on neutral field, bet on Belfry

Since at Putnam Stadium, bet on Ashland.

The player of the game will be the home field advantage.

 

It might be at Putnam Stadium and I am sure that does equal to be home field advantage, but believe me the Pond Creek Nation travels really well. ;)

Belfry will not be without thier fans this friday night.

It might be at Putnam Stadium and I am sure that does equal to be home field advantage, but believe me the Pond Creek Nation travels really well. ;)

Belfry will not be without thier fans this friday night.

 

Belfry fans will flood the stands Friday night :thumb:

It might be at Putnam Stadium and I am sure that does equal to be home field advantage, but believe me the Pond Creek Nation travels really well. ;)

Belfry will not be without thier fans this friday night.

I don't believe it is the fans he's talking about.

I don't believe it is the fans he's talking about.

 

OH I see FBALL, :lol: I guess I didn't read between the lines. Hopefully we can overcome that on Friday Night.:sssh:

Actually it was kind of Ironic.

 

Boyd Did whip Russell last year. No doubt about it. They played more physical and as you said Russell had many kids leave with injuries during that game.

 

As for Belfry being bad at the beginging of the year and out of shape I don't know. Is there any team that is in "football shape" until they have played a few games.

 

Bottom line Belfry is physically stronger on the line and at least equal to Ashland in speed. The Pirates will wear Ashland down and take control of this game.

 

Boyd beating Belfry in 03 was a fluke, but Boyd beating Russell last year was for real. Dont get me wrong, I am glad that Russell won the State and would hope that Boyd's win was a wake up call and help Russell get to that point. But Jones(RB) for Belfry pulled with Charlie Horses in the Belfry game, and he was in the open field by himself numerous amounts of times, so I would say that the Belfry game was a Fluke.:D

 

But at Boyd, we will take anything we can get:thumb:

Boyd beating Belfry in 03 was a fluke, but Boyd beating Russell last year was for real. Dont get me wrong, I am glad that Russell won the State and would hope that Boyd's win was a wake up call and help Russell get to that point. But Jones(RB) for Belfry pulled with Charlie Horses in the Belfry game, and he was in the open field by himself numerous amounts of times, so I would say that the Belfry game was a Fluke.:D

 

But at Boyd, we will take anything we can get:thumb:

Clark, Brown and several linemen left the game with ankle and knee injuries.

 

But I agree with you. Boyd Co was the most physical team and deserved to win that game. It was a great performance.

 

I don't believe in flukes. If you beat Belfry or Russell it was because the team played well enough to be in the position to win. Injuries and bad bounces are just a part of the game.

C'mon boys, you know you should never "count your money when your sittin' at the table" :laugh:

 

I will say, Belfry should not expect a terrific whistle!

Clark, Brown and several linemen left the game with ankle and knee injuries.

 

But I agree with you. Boyd Co was the most physical team and deserved to win that game. It was a great performance.

 

I don't believe in flukes. If you beat Belfry or Russell it was because the team played well enough to be in the position to win. Injuries and bad bounces are just a part of the game.

 

I agree.......And I'm not trying to spark any controversy about Boyd beating Belfry in '03, but Belfry was without 3 starting lineman and a starting RB. Matt Marcum, Phillip Varney, Josh Cullop, and Doug Howard.

 

All of those guys were 3rd team all-state or better that year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.