8th region ranking and player rankings for 2016/17???

Even with Gunner Gillis gone, I still think Anderson county will win the 8th. Cobe Penny is, IMO, one of the top players in the region and John paul Garmon will be called on to contribute a lot more in what will be his senior season. I'm a big fan of Coach Drury, and would like to see them make it to Rupp next season

Good players and scorers both. I would pay attention to Jalen Henry at North Oldham. Very quick and athletic to get to the paint. He has shooters on the wing to keep him singled up. He needs to work on his shooting. Joe Griffin at South is a very good well rounded player who plays very good defense and has been running the offense this summer. Gets to the rim well and has a very good pull up jumper of he drive. He will be better as the 2 once Cantrell takes over the PG job. Devin Young from South is another player to watch. 6'5" swing with a very nice stroke who will pick up a lot of the 3 shooting. I think Anderson, Simon Kenton, Owen County and North Oldham could win their districts with Williamstown, Collins, OC or South chances to get to the Region.

How many does South Oldham return from their team last year?

South Returns 2 starters - Joe Griffin and Devin Young. They also return Dylan Hoover who was their 7th man. Aaron Franklin has been their leading 3 shooter this summer with David Beyerle holding down the middle but having a nice outside shot. They need some of the younger players to help with the shooting and depth. Cooper Cantrell will be returning to basketball this year and will help at the point guard. As always South will be good outside shooters and play defense.

South Returns 2 starters - Joe Griffin and Devin Young. They also return Dylan Hoover who was their 7th man. Aaron Franklin has been their leading 3 shooter this summer with David Beyerle holding down the middle but having a nice outside shot. They need some of the younger players to help with the shooting and depth. Cooper Cantrell will be returning to basketball this year and will help at the point guard. As always South will be good outside shooters and play defense.

It will be interesting to follow them and see how well they progress through the season. I get the feeling that Anderson County is vulnerable and not as feared as they once may have been.

Losing Gillis will hurt AC and need to see Penny carry the team when the pressure is focused on stopping him to see how he can get the rest of the team involved. Owen lost a lot and you cannot replace Carson but without Dunaway and the shooting of McDonald I think they may be more athletic as a team this year. Saw them the last week of summer and they looked athletic and quick. Made some mistakes but it is summer. Trimble, Gallatin, Grant and Carroll Counties will need work to get competitive. Spencer and Wiliamstown should be better. The SIZE of SK is going to be a challenge for everyone in the region if the two big kids keep getting better.

As I have said in other post about 8th, the region is AC to lose. Hear they have picked up a couple of kids over the summer who might move into the starting role.

??? I don't know a kid out there who hasn't been on the team in the past in some form or fashion. Not sure what "pick ups" you might be referring to.:idunno:

Might want to check on that.

I watched them play all summer, know most of the kids and have coach(ed) several of them. Not a face out there that's new. Now, it is quite possible someone has moved/transferred into the county that's new and might not have played over the summer, but if that's the case I've heard absolutely nothing about it, which would make me think that's not the case. Who do you think is new to the program?