8th region ranking and player rankings for 2016/17???

Losing Gillis will hurt AC and need to see Penny carry the team when the pressure is focused on stopping him to see how he can get the rest of the team involved. Owen lost a lot and you cannot replace Carson but without Dunaway and the shooting of McDonald I think they may be more athletic as a team this year. Saw them the last week of summer and they looked athletic and quick. Made some mistakes but it is summer. Trimble, Gallatin, Grant and Carroll Counties will need work to get competitive. Spencer and Wiliamstown should be better. The SIZE of SK is going to be a challenge for everyone in the region if the two big kids keep getting better.

Owen has lost so much scoring. They have Osborne but I have seen him get locked down many times. I honestly believe that this district is a toss up. All of the teams have their own problems.

Cobe and AC will be the regional favorite going into December and we will have to see how injuries and break out players effect things by February. We saw last year that defense was the main reason South was able to make the run they did. Good defense forces a team to need multiple options to score. Look for Devin Young from South to pick things up. 6'5" swing with a soft touch from the three line. Saw him put up 42 last year at the Battle of the Bridges AAU tournament. He has been playing with Louisville Lightening this summer which should provide him so experience against strong competition. If he can continue to increase his quickness he will be a player schools will need to start looking at, if they are not already. Joe Griffin will also be a player to watch. He is quick to the rim, has good vertical to get his pull up 15 footer off easily and his three accuracy keeps him dangerous from outside that defense can not sluff off to guard against the drive. Owen was hands down favorite last year and the best team but things did not work out it will be fun to see which team comes together to give AC a run for their money