Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derek Willis Arrested in Boone County

Featured Replies

No I meant the charge, that's where he's getting the pass. The media is eating him alive

 

I'm pretty sure they are charging him with what they can prove at this point. I think we are pretty certain what happened here, but can it be proved.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll go with a 5 game suspension to start the season.

 

When first reported, it sounded a bit silly. Obviously it was much more serious once all the details came out. Very stupid on his part, probably pretty lucky he didn't get hit with a DUI.

 

 

Like I said when others were calling it silly. Officers/Deputies don't usually go around looking to lock people up simply because they're intoxicated and in public. You've usually got to be hammered and a danger to yourself. Willis couldn't even tell them where he was, other than NKY. We all know he's not from Boone Co. Taking him home wasn't really an option. I'd be willing to bet this was called in and they simply responded and did what needed to be done.

 

He's young, so hopefully he can learn from it and just put it behind him. No one was hurt, so as long as the lesson is learned he should be good moving forward.

The video is bad. It changes the narrative.

 

I don't think Cal will boot him but I'd have trouble saying it was a mistake. He was obviously driving while highly intoxicated. We can't laugh that off.

 

More importantly, Mr Bullitt County needs some help.

I'm pretty sure they are charging him with what they can prove at this point. I think we are pretty certain what happened here, but can it be proved.

 

I'm not sure if they can get any more proof than him laying outside of his car with the door open. I guess assuming won't hold up too well.

I'm not sure if they can get any more proof than him laying outside of his car with the door open. I guess assuming won't hold up too well.

 

"Officer, did you see the defendant in the driver's seat?"

"No."

 

Dismissed.

Passed out in the street? My goodness, if this is a UL football player or OSU football player and he played 1 snap this upcoming season this site would never let it go.

 

Derek needs to be held accountable with a severe punishment to say the least. This isn't some kid a few weeks from 21 who had a beer. He could have easily killed someone or himself.

The video is bad. It changes the narrative.

 

I don't think Cal will boot him but I'd have trouble saying it was a mistake. He was obviously driving while highly intoxicated. We can't laugh that off.

 

More importantly, Mr Bullitt County needs some help.

 

I was disappointed people were laughing it off in the first place. Surprised folks didn't have more faith in those Deputies doing their jobs as folks that have lived a life before that of a Deputy. It would be nice if I could say this type of arrest isn't common but it is.

 

All you can hope is that it serves a purpose moving forward as a deterrent against future poor decisions.

"Officer, did you see the defendant in the driver's seat?"

"No."

 

Dismissed.

 

What a shame

Passed out in the street? My goodness, if this is a UL football player or OSU football player and he played 1 snap this upcoming season this site would never let it go.

 

Man, you ain't lying. KSR would be having a field day.

Charged with PI? Come on, that's a pass. You or I get found like that and it's DUI all day

 

I'm pretty sure they are charging him with what they can prove at this point. I think we are pretty certain what happened here, but can it be proved.

 

Yeah, I thought our Boone County expert in @theguru already explained why he coudln't be charged with a DUI.

And probably get us both investigated as Enemies of the State. :bunny:

 

Pretty sure my name is on a list...in fact, I'm 100% certain it is on at least some

Passed out in the street? My goodness, if this is a UL football player or OSU football player and he played 1 snap this upcoming season this site would never let it go.

 

Derek needs to be held accountable with a severe punishment to say the least. This isn't some kid a few weeks from 21 who had a beer. He could have easily killed someone or himself.

 

I don't disagree with you or this premise....but I'm going to throw the challenge flag to everyone reading this thread:

 

Has anyone, or is anyone willing to admit, that when they were 19 - 22ish either 1) experienced the exact same situation or 2) drove under the exact same conditions ?

 

How many of you said at least one time in your life: I have no idea how I got home ?

 

If you answered yes to either and commented that he should receive a stiff penalty, then the logical follow up is: Did you ?

 

Thanks in advance for your honesty.

Passed out in the street? My goodness, if this is a UL football player or OSU football player and he played 1 snap this upcoming season this site would never let it go.

 

Derek needs to be held accountable with a severe punishment to say the least. This isn't some kid a few weeks from 21 who had a beer. He could have easily killed someone or himself.

 

Man, you ain't lying. KSR would be having a field day.

 

Or a Dukie. Coach K said a kid needs to play with more class and not shoot the ball at the end of a game when the losing team has conceded and you'd have thought that he had beaten the kid up on the court for it.

I don't disagree with you or this premise....but I'm going to throw the challenge flag to everyone reading this thread:

 

Has anyone, or is anyone willing to admit, that when they were 19 - 22ish either 1) experienced the exact same situation or 2) drove under the exact same conditions ?

 

How many of you said at least one time in your life: I have no idea how I got home ?

 

If you answered yes to either and commented that he should receive a stiff penalty, then the logical follow up is: Did you ?

 

Thanks in advance for your honesty.

 

I have experienced a similar situation. Fortunately I didn't wreck, hurt anyone or myself or get caught. When I made it to my friend's house I passed out and I had no clue how I made it there without wrecking.

 

I'm not one of the ones thinking he should get a stiff penalty. Let the legal system play out and go from there. Everyone has a different idea of stiff penalty though. I wouldn't suspend him more than 5 games for it.

I think we should blame the car company for not doing everything imaginable to prevent a drunk person from driving one of their cars.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.