Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derek Willis Arrested in Boone County

Featured Replies

I was gonna ask if Willis had hired an attorney, then I remembered he doesn't believe in Defense!

  • Replies 210
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs that stupid smile smacked off his face in his mugshot, spoiled freaking brat.

I hope he wasn't driving in the shape he was obviously in, but I suspect he was. I hate even speculating on that because I was charged with DUI once when an officer claimed they had seen me driving drunk, but actually my girlfriend was driving the car and wearing my hat at the time. Officer put out an attempt to locate on my vehicle and when I walked out of a local fast food place, there were several officers that had pulled up and were at my vehicle. I was asked if I had been drinking, I said yes, then I was arrested. I wasn't told until I got to booking that I was being charged with DUI, I assumed it was just a PI. Long story short, my attorney obtained the video from the restaurant that showed me exiting from the passenger side of the vehicle and my girlfriend exiting from the driver side, with my hat on, so the DUI was dropped. They actually dropped the PI charge as well due to some issues the officer had with similar instances in the past.

 

But like I said, in Willis's instance, if I had to guess I would imagine he had been driving, given what I went through I don't want to accuse him of that without knowing all of the facts. As for him being charged with DUI, unless someone witnessed him driving, he couldn't be charged with that. If he were in the drivers seat and the keys were in the ignition it would be a different story and he could be charged. It's pure luck that no one got hurt and hopefully he learns from this mistake.

I hope he wasn't driving in the shape he was obviously in, but I suspect he was. I hate even speculating on that because I was charged with DUI once when an officer claimed they had seen me driving drunk, but actually my girlfriend was driving the car and wearing my hat at the time. Officer put out an attempt to locate on my vehicle and when I walked out of a local fast food place, there were several officers that had pulled up and were at my vehicle. I was asked if I had been drinking, I said yes, then I was arrested. I wasn't told until I got to booking that I was being charged with DUI, I assumed it was just a PI. Long story short, my attorney obtained the video from the restaurant that showed me exiting from the passenger side of the vehicle and my girlfriend exiting from the driver side, with my hat on, so the DUI was dropped. They actually dropped the PI charge as well due to some issues the officer had with similar instances in the past.

 

Man, I would've been heated.

So are we sure that is his girlfriend.

 

It's pretty well known, long before this story, that she is.

It's pretty well known, long before this story, that she is.

 

Good enough for me. I will ignore what i am reading elsewhere that say otherwise.

I've been around college kids almost every day for the past thirty years. They can be the stupidest human beings on the planet and still think they are the smartest.

I was gonna ask if Willis had hired an attorney, then I remembered he doesn't believe in Defense!

 

This is so well played...and I would have thought @TheDeuce would have slam dunked this one....very disappointed. :idunno:

This is so well played...and I would have thought @TheDeuce would have slam dunked this one....very disappointed. :idunno:

 

I choose my targets wisely. :D

From that link:

 

According to the arrest citation provided by the Boone County Sheriff’s Department, a deputy was dispatched to Mountain Laurel Way in Union, Ky., because of a possible drunk subject “laying in the middle of the street.” The deputy arrived to find Willis on the ground outside the open driver’s side door of a vehicle and reported a “strong odor of associated with alcohol” coming from the inside of the vehicle and Willis.

 

The deputy reported Willis said he had “a lot“ to drink and could not advise where he was other to say in “northern Kentucky” after being woken up. The citation reports Willis had extremely slurred speech, was unsteady on his feet and “was a danger to himself and others.”

 

========================

 

This is a textbook case of someone needing to go to jail for Alcohol Intoxication.

 

Let's face it everyone, he was probably driving drunk before the arrest and was going to drive drunk again once he woke up.

 

Always understood a person guilty of DUI did not necessarily have to be behind the wheel and seen by the police. Thought passed out on the pavement next to an open drivers door with the car on a public street with keys in ignition (or in his pockets), might technically be enough for a DUI. Don't know for sure. Anybody? Might have gotten a huge break?

Always understood a person guilty of DUI did not necessarily have to be behind the wheel and seen by the police. Thought open drivers door on public street with keys in ignition (or in his pockets), might technically be enough for a DUI. Don't know for sure. Anybody?

 

Not in Boone County.

 

You have to be able to prove operation, and speculation, no matter how strong, is not enough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.