Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derek Willis Arrested in Boone County

Featured Replies

What a shame

 

We all know he was driving. It just wouldn't make it in court.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if they can get any more proof than him laying outside of his car with the door open. I guess assuming won't hold up too well.

 

Maybe he passed out while going to the car to sleep it off. He could come up with a bunch of excuses as to why the door was open and he was lying outside and none of them would be that he was driving or had intent to drive.

Did he have to take a blood alcohol test? Love to see what he blew. I don think one if required for an AI.

It changes the narrative.

 

When you heard he was passed out in the streeet at nearly 5:00 AM, what did you think the video would have looked like? That video is exactly what I would have imagined it would be.

When you heard he was passed out in the streeet at nearly 5:00 AM, what did you think the video would have looked like? That video is exactly what I would have imagined it would be.

 

Same here.

We all know he was driving. It just wouldn't make it in court.

 

I could defend this case and keep him from getting a DUI and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

When you heard he was passed out in the streeet at nearly 5:00 AM' date=' what did you think the video would have looked like? That video is exactly what I would have imagined it would be.[/quote']

 

It wasn't that. It wasn't with him obviously having fallen out of the driver's seat.

It wasn't with him obviously having fallen out of the driver's seat.

For some odd reason, that is exactly what I imagined it would look like.

Anyone wondering if he had taken any other substances that night?

 

To be drunk enough to pass out in the middle of the road, I wouldn't think he would be that coherent with his speech in the back of the cop car.

I think we should blame the car company for not doing everything imaginable to prevent a drunk person from driving one of their cars.

 

:lol2: :lol2: :thumb:

Where were the keys to the car?

 

I imagine they weren't in the ignition, or else a DUI charge would've been almost guaranteed I would think.

I imagine they weren't in the ignition, or else a DUI charge would've been almost guaranteed I would think.

 

I have seen other places stating keys were actually in a house. If that is the case, without keys in car or on person, how do you prove intent to drive?

After watching police Video they should have arrested him for DUI. It's obvious he was driving and should not have been.

 

I think I am more disappointed in the PD for not charging him. I have seen people arrested for DUI for much less proof they have driven.

If you guys read any of the articles, it states numerous reasons why he wasn't charged. With 2 people in the car, unless 1 admitted it, no way to prove who was driving. They could have pulled over and the girl slid over and Willis walked around car to get in and passed out. Willis could have been in backseat and got out of car. There could have been a 3rd person who was driver and took off. We all know he was driving, but we can't prove it in a court.

 

And I think like the Ray Rice situation, you thought it was bad but the video made it shocking.

I think we should blame the car company for not doing everything imaginable to prevent a drunk person from driving one of their cars.

 

I wonder if his car had a sign "if you are drunk and driving this car, you may end up passed out in the middle of the street."

 

He may have a case here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.