Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derek Willis Arrested in Boone County

Featured Replies

OK. So the discussion about Boone having different laws is incorrect.

 

To my knowledge the DUI law's are the same throughout the state. Years ago I had a lot of knowledge about that, so unless something has changed recently I imagine it's still the same throughout the state. You may find some backwards court systems that likely lack the money to fund their jails (in most cases) that try to buck the system. But if you have a decent attorney, bogus charges still are not gonna hold up in court.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Girlfriend needs to keep her mouth and keyboard closed.

Girlfriend needs to keep her mouth and keyboard closed.

 

 

Word.

An officer does not have to see someone drive to charge with DUI. Just need probable cause. Based on what I'm seeing, I feel that hood, if it's still hot, and he makes any kind of statement that shows he's driven during his roadside interview, he's taken into custody and charged with DUI. If he beats the charge, good for him, but I did my job and got him off the road on that night and maybe it deters future behavior. It's not my job to play officer, judge and jury roadside.

 

BUT, The deputy has discretion and if he's not comfortable making a DUI arrest, he can trust his gut and go for the slam dunk charge of AI.

Girlfriend needs to keep her mouth and keyboard closed.

 

That would hurt Larry Vaught's retweets. She needs to keep spewing.

or just keep some beers on you and down them before the cop gets to the window. Tell him you were so upset with getting pulled over, you shotgunned a couple beers before he got to the window. I wasn't driving drunk, I just chugged beers right now.

 

You could go that route. Still getting charged with the reason for the stop and open containers is a possibility also.

 

Moral victory I guess?

 

Oh and if you blow above .08 or can't complete field sobriety tests your vehicle could be impounded. Also a suspension of your drivers license is a possibility as well.

 

But hey roll the dice.

His girlfriend Keely Potts made a comment on KSR's page that the keys were in the house. My question is how the scenario played out. Did they get in the car with intent to drive and he realized the keys were'nt in his possession and attempted to go back in for them. Obviously he only made it 1 step then faceplant. LOL

 

I mean why would he be in a car with the door open if he was not driving?

 

When you're dealing with alcohol the possibilities of why they were in the car without keys are endless.

I don't know if he did take a breathalyzer or not. Haven't heard a report on this so I doubt he did.

 

No reason to. He was clearly manifestly under the influence of alcohol and told the Deputies that.

You cant tell me that being a UK player didn't have any effect on this situation.

 

 

I'd say if it played a strong part in all of this then we wouldn't be having this discussion.....

Lol and decided he was leaving at 5 am? Not buying that

 

So a drunk kid at a party with his girlfriend around people he's unfamiliar with can't just go sleep in his car? That's not a possible reasoning for him being found like he was?

 

You've never seen drunk kids or adults decide to just go sleep it off in their car? Surprising, I figured a lot of folks had been to at least one house party in high school or college where they didn't know the folks throwing the party.

 

Not saying this is what happened but you're saying that it's absolutely not..... Based on?

OK. So the discussion about Boone having different laws is incorrect.

 

Again, the law is the same anywhere in the Commonwealth, the point is you don't normally get overcharged in Boone County vs. many other counties that are run like Kingdoms.

Can he still be charged with a DUI or has that ship sailed?

Can he still be charged with a DUI or has that ship sailed?

 

Is is possible to be charged, I suppose, but I don't see any way he could be successfully prosecuted. Additionally, upgrading a charge like that is nearly unheard of in my experience. Like I said, Boone County is pretty fair so I wouldn't expect any additional.

A few questions:

 

• Was that a beer sitting on the car roof in that video?

 

• Has the location of the keys been established? Surely that car's not still sitting there.

 

• Where is Willis' GF from?

 

• Whose house was it?

 

• Couldn't tell from the intake pic, but was there any evidence of Willis being injured from kissing the concrete? Hope he didn't end up concussed.

 

I agree that there's too much circumstantial to hit him with a DUI.

A few questions:

 

• Was that a beer sitting on the car roof in that video?

 

• Has the location of the keys been established? Surely that car's not still sitting there.

 

• Where is Willis' GF from?

 

• Whose house was it?

 

• Couldn't tell from the intake pic, but was there any evidence of Willis being injured from kissing the concrete? Hope he didn't end up concussed.

 

I agree that there's too much circumstantial to hit him with a DUI.

Another question, did he hurt his shooting hand? :eek:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.