Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derek Willis Arrested in Boone County

Featured Replies

I was asking someone about her today. Where was she in this? Was she in the car? Was she passed out?

 

She was in the car.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She was in the car.

 

Awake or passed out?

Awake or passed out?

 

Don't know. From what I've gathered, she was in about the same shape as he was.

Not in Boone County.

 

You have to be able to prove operation, and speculation, no matter how strong, is not enough.

 

From reading the article from an earlier post I got the impression that all of KY had the same DUI laws. Are you saying Boone County has their own legal definition?

 

Are you surprised that Willis was not required to take a BA test? I got the impression from the article that the DUI attorneys were surprised.

 

Woman arrested with UK's Derek Willis was in passenger seat, had - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Honestly, Willis should be dismissed from the team. I hate it, but it should happen.

 

We've all made mistakes in life and most of us have payed for those mistakes. He should pay for his also. Too many people die in drunk driving accidents and it's obvious to me that he was probably behind the wheel of that vehicle even if it can't be proven in the court room.

How do you all know he didn't drive there sober and end up getting drunk there? Lots of assumptions that he drove there drunk when we just don't know.

How do you all know he didn't drive there sober and end up getting drunk there? Lots of assumptions that he drove there drunk when we just don't know.

 

Lol and decided he was leaving at 5 am? Not buying that

From reading the article from an earlier post I got the impression that all of KY had the same DUI laws. Are you saying Boone County has their own legal definition?

 

Are you surprised that Willis was not required to take a BA test? I got the impression from the article that the DUI attorneys were surprised.

 

Woman arrested with UK's Derek Willis was in passenger seat, had - WDRB 41 Louisville News

 

I didn't read any of the articles or watch any of the video.

 

The law is the same everywhere in the Commonwealth, even on private property, when it comes to DUI Law.

 

Maybe another way of thinking about it is many counties in KY are run like Kingdoms. You know, point at someone and off with their head. In Boone County it is pretty fair.

Wonder how long he was laying there for.

 

If the deputy didn't feel he could prove it had been less than 2 hrs since he drove, then DUI is not the best course of action.

I have a push button start and I have to have key on me or in vehicle or close to me.

 

The dude was driving drunk and probably had to puke and stopped and fell out when opening the door. He was obviously hammered and deserved a DUI.

He deserves his butt beat for what he did. Not to mention that smart mouth smile in mug shot. I hope he gets his butt kicked BAD down the road somewhere for what he did. He could have killed some innocent kid or a mom or dad or someone going to Church.

Hey Willis, you are a total loser and embarrassment to your family and basketball fans.

I have a push button start and I have to have key on me or in vehicle or close to me.

 

The dude was driving drunk and probably had to puke and stopped and fell out when opening the door. He was obviously hammered and deserved a DUI.

He deserves his butt beat for what he did. Not to mention that smart mouth smile in mug shot. I hope he gets his butt kicked BAD down the road somewhere for what he did. He could have killed some innocent kid or a mom or dad or someone going to Church.

Hey Willis, you are a total loser and embarrassment to your family and basketball fans.

 

If he had to puke, he would've. Many have been there, you aint passing out without puking if you have to puke.

 

He's not an embarrassment to this fan. He made a major mistake. One that I dont even know full details of yet. If the keys were in the house, I will hold some judgement until we hear whose house and other details of the evening. He had to be drinking somewhere. Where?

 

I can think of a few others that embarrass my fanhood more than Willis.

I didn't read any of the articles or watch any of the video.

 

The law is the same everywhere in the Commonwealth, even on private property, when it comes to DUI Law.

 

Maybe another way of thinking about it is many counties in KY are run like Kingdoms. You know, point at someone and off with their head. In Boone County it is pretty fair.

 

OK. So the discussion about Boone having different laws is incorrect.

To all the people that say he should be charged with DUI, he shouldn't. I doubt there is a court in this state that could convict him on that charge given the fact that he would have a good attorney. The way the DUI law is written, unless there was a witness, willing to testify, there would be no point at all in charging him with DUI. It would just be a waste of taxpayers money due to the fact that it wouldn't stand a chance in court.

 

Maybe the law needs to be rewritten again, but until it is, there is no point in charging someone with DUI if you know its going to be thrown out or waste even more time and money going to trial, with no conviction. I have no sympathy for him, he was obviously in terrible shape and the more I think of it he's probably lucky to still be alive. I just hope he learns from it and makes a change in his life before this becomes an even more serious problem for him. But there is no reason that he should have been charged with a DUI instead of a PI.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.