June 13, 201610 yr Listen I understand your in law enforcement I respect what you do. Nothing you just said changes the fact it's a silly violation or law. Write your congressman then.
June 13, 201610 yr Write your congressman then. I know it will never change but I'm entitled to think it's dumb. I can also in the same breath say in our society it would be dumb for our courts to allow someone to sue the police or anyone else for their own behavior. Someone wants to get hammered and walk home more power to them. If they hurt themselves or someone else they better be willing to suffer the consequences. My two biggest fundamentals are personal responsibility and the government doesn't know what's best for me.
June 13, 201610 yr I couldn't agree more, the laws were made for a reason because someone screwed up.
June 13, 201610 yr I concur that people should be responsible for their actions but that's not the world we live in. So, until something changes, police have to protect folks from themselves or risk losing their jobs, freedom and pensions. 14 more years and I'm done, if I live that long :lol2:
June 13, 201610 yr I couldn't agree more, the laws were made for a reason because someone screwed up. What are you in agreement with
June 13, 201610 yr With what Clyde said about lawsuits. Police have a thankless job anymore they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
June 13, 201610 yr Take from a UL fan I am thankful young man wasn't driving. According to citation was passed out laying on ground outside of the car. The police should have arrested him. No big deal as it relates to basketball - Whatever Cal decides for punishment should be enough. No big deal.
June 13, 201610 yr He was found passed out in the street. No wonder he was arrested. Arrest Citation Says Derek Willis Was Found Passed Out in the Street | Nation of Blue
June 13, 201610 yr He was found passed out in the street. No wonder he was arrested. Arrest Citation Says Derek Willis Was Found Passed Out in the Street | Nation of Blue That does make it a little worse. That's just wreck less behavior.
June 13, 201610 yr Derek, Derek, Derek. You know better than that. But if you play big boy games and don't follow the rules, you have to deal with the consequences. Let's hope it's a learning experience just like a LOT of us had when we were younger and there isn't an ongoing issue there. Whoever he was with should have helped him out a little.
June 13, 201610 yr From that link: According to the arrest citation provided by the Boone County Sheriff’s Department, a deputy was dispatched to Mountain Laurel Way in Union, Ky., because of a possible drunk subject “laying in the middle of the street.” The deputy arrived to find Willis on the ground outside the open driver’s side door of a vehicle and reported a “strong odor of associated with alcohol” coming from the inside of the vehicle and Willis. The deputy reported Willis said he had “a lot“ to drink and could not advise where he was other to say in “northern Kentucky” after being woken up. The citation reports Willis had extremely slurred speech, was unsteady on his feet and “was a danger to himself and others.” ======================== This is a textbook case of someone needing to go to jail for Alcohol Intoxication. Let's face it everyone, he was probably driving drunk before the arrest and was going to drive drunk again once he woke up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.