Nationals @ Reds (6/3 - 6/5)

Have not been impressed with the Nats day-to-day lineup. When Harper is quiet this is not a very good looking offensive team. Wonder what the Nats fans think of the toothpick's bench. Noticed Heisey there hitting .220. It's a good thing they have a team era of 3.01.

Have not been impressed with the Nats day-to-day lineup. When Harper is quiet this is not a very good looking offensive team. Wonder what the Nats fans think of the toothpick's bench. Noticed Heisey there hitting .220. It's a good thing they have a team era of 3.01.

Leadoff has been a problem. Revere was hurt to start the season and has been awful since returning. Zimmerman has been "un-clutch" when Harper was on fire and everyone was walking him. Werth is old & ineffective but still plays b/c of the toothpick's loyalty and because he is apparently the "clubhouse guy" everyone respects. Espinoza is at the Mendoza line and will be replaced by Trea Turner eventually. Murphy is "Babe Ruth" and providing much more than anyone could have hoped for. If he returns to the back of his baseball card, they will have to pick up the slack somewhere else.

Rotation is very strong. Bullpen is good but unproven and Papelbon is "unpredictable" in the closer role.

Reds are back to their old ways today. Pitching from behind and terrible defense. Wasn"t a great throw bur Barnhart has to catch that throw home. Votto swinging at butterflies again. It was fun while it lasted.

Just when I gave up, I flipped it back and the Reds had made a comeback and was going to win it in the ninth, and they scored a run and had the bases loaded with no out and DuVall up. I thought new Reds but DuVall popped up on first pitch, Cozart struck out and DeJesus flied out. Nobody can snag defeat from the jaws of victory like this team.