Reds @ Dodgers (5/23 - 5/25)

You do realize that last night's error was Votto's 1st of the season, right?

One error in 46 games is committing errors left and right?

......he missed a grounder right at him during the last home series that was magically scored a base hit. Had the same thing happen in Philly not to long ago.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With as bad as the pitching has been, I have more concerns about the hitting/position players going forward. At least there is hope for the rotation with Stephenson/Reed/Finnegan/Disco/Bailey. I don't see that same hope with position players. If they deal Cozart and/or Bruce, they need to make sure they get some bats in return

You do realize that last night's error was Votto's 1st of the season, right?

One error in 46 games is committing errors left and right?

Mea culpa. I watch every game (TiVo and FF so my life is not quite as bleak as it may seem) and the fact that he has only 1 error (now 2) blows my mind. I know errors, particularly for a 1B, are not a complete statistic but I would have bet he had at least 5 already.

Let me modify my earlier statement to "He fails to make the best & smartest plays frequently." I'm going to start keeping track.

Item #1 - in Milwaukee series didn't have his foot on the bag. When he reached to catch a throw from 3B (I think), his heel came up and was not in contact with the base. Throw was there in plenty of time. Runner safe. Can't recall if they gave him an error or not.

Item #2 - yesterday allowing bunt to roll foul and then fair and (luckily) back foul. Didn't end up as an error (wouldn't have even if stayed fair, I'm guessing) but was clearly a brain cramp.