Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Hicks on the promotion. Curious why he didn't want to continue coaching while being AD? Didn't want that much of a work load or school didn't want him too? I am trying to think here, and I mean no disrespect when I ask this because I do not know all of their coaches names, but is Bowman the JV coach and the shorter gentleman with dark hair?

And it will be interesting to see the applicants for this job but I don't know if I would call the Conner basketball job a "top job" but a higher level job in the area. I could see them staying in house but I also think if a top notch guy applies for it you have to at least look at that candidate very hard. The good news is Hicks will be able to see what is best with the coaching background.

Congrats to Jim Hicks!

One piece of advice, the next time football classification comes around play where your enrollment says you should play, not where politics dictates.

You have to put that jab in wherever you can don't you? Lol. Even in the basketball thread! In the words of Guru, "Keep it on topic or we'll shut it down"

Just having a little fun!

You have to put that jab in wherever you can don't you? Lol. Even in the basketball thread! In the words of Guru, "Keep it on topic or we'll shut it down"

If you call supporting the players, parents and high school at Conner a jab so be it.

And since Hicks will be the AD this is on topic.

You better keep up because the days of Free Members causing problems are over. :thumb:

If you call supporting the players, parents and high school at Conner a jab so be it.

And since Hicks will be the AD this is on topic.

You better keep up because the days of Free Members causing problems are over. :thumb:

I think the bolded is definitely a stretch.... Sounds like this belongs in a "Hicks is the new AD at Conner" thread.

I think the bolded is definitely a stretch.... Sounds like this belongs in a "Hicks is the new AD at Conner" thread.

Humor me Yellow Card, what does the first sentence in the opening post of this thread say?

Humor me Yellow Card, what does the first sentence in the opening post of this thread say?

As to humor you.... Jimmy has been promoted to AD, congrats!!!!

So, if I follow your logic, or reasoning, for saying the football comment was "on topic"; directing a comment to Mr. Hicks about any other Conner sport would also be "on topic" in this thread.

As to humor you.... Jimmy has been promoted to AD, congrats!!!!

So, if I follow your logic, or reasoning, for saying the football comment was "on topic"; directing a comment to Mr. Hicks about any other Conner sport would also be "on topic" in this thread.

Have at it.

Head coach for 12.

Clyde, want my info to be correct. I was going by the KHSAA site when it said Hicks replaced Scott Thomas starting with the 2003-2004 season. Did Thomas coach that year too...or was there another coach that was between them?

Clyde, want my info to be correct. I was going by the KHSAA site when it said Hicks replaced Scott Thomas starting with the 2003-2004 season. Did Thomas coach that year too...or was there another coach that was between them?

Jim told me 12 years. I guess it's possible all of those parents in his ear over the years caused him to lost track.