Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner

Not a doubt in my mind, Coach Carr will be the new Head Coach out in Hebron.

Pretty strong statement considering we do not know who is applying.

Does Brad have a strong relationship with the principal?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a doubt in my mind, Coach Carr will be the new Head Coach out in Hebron.

Carr will not be at Conner. It's the same at Conner as Scott. Inmates running the asylum. He needs to be at Holmes to win state championships. Tougher kids and not whining parents

Carr will not be at Conner. It's the same at Conner as Scott. Inmates running the asylum. He needs to be at Holmes to win state championships. Tougher kids and not whining parents

What parents at Conner have been "running the asylum?" Sure seems like Jim has lasted quite a while DESPITE parents.

What parents at Conner have been "running the asylum?" Sure seems like Jim has lasted quite a while DESPITE parents.

Just like Brad lasted 12 years at Scott. Sometimes change is good for both parties. I'd be surprised if Brad tries to jump right back in @ Conner. I think Brad's going to take some time and enjoy spending basketball season with his family. He'll get another coaching gig at some point in time....but I don't think it will be at Conner or anywhere else this year.

Is it official that this job is open? Stellman was AD and head coach too of the football team correct? Why would Hicks not consider doing the same? I always heard he would coach until his youngest graduated.

Is it official that this job is open? Stellman was AD and head coach too of the football team correct? Why would Hicks not consider doing the same? I always heard he would coach until his youngest graduated.

After thinking it over, that was my thought too.

I'm in no way anti-Reinhardt. My question is what in his coaching credentials would make him qualified for a top job in NKY? I could see him at Grant County (don't know how they didn't hire him) or Ludlow but Conner and Scott should hire proven coaches that have won. Now, Bowman is different because him and Hicks are really good friends and this would be Hicks taking care of his own. It would be interesting to see if Bowman gets the job. Great guy, don't know much about his coaching ability.

You have said now big time job and top job when referring to Conner. Please define how Conner is a big time or a top job?

Ok let me breakdown my assessment of jobs in the 9th Region:

Tier 1

Cov Cath

NCC

Dixie

Holmes

Tier 2

Conner

Cooper

Ryle

St. Henry

Tier 3

Newport

Boone County

Lloyd

Holy Cross

Tier 4

Ludlow

Highlands

Beechwood

Tier 5

Dayton

Villa Madonna

Bellevue

Tier 6

Heritage Academy

Ok let me breakdown my assessment of jobs in the 9th Region:

Tier 2

Conner

Cooper

Ryle

St. Henry

Tier 3

Newport

Boone County

Lloyd

Holy Cross

Tier 4

Ludlow

Highlands

Beechwood

Cooper is becoming a Tier 1 level gig.

Newport and Lloyd are not better than Highlands.