Trinity vs. Lexington Catholic Scrimmage...

Trinity vs. Lexington Catholic Scrimage set for Friday night... Will either team try to win, or just focus on finding who will play what position??? Just trying to judge the significance of the score befor it is reported as final, final after three quaters, final after half etc...... What will be the format for this scrimmage. Rock club help us out....

I think last year it was pretty much the #1's until halftime. Catholic was up at the half vs T's 1's then they both got everybody work in the 2nd half. I would never put too much stock into a scrimmage game. While you can gage a little it is more about getting work in.

I don't think Trinity ever likes to be out scored even in a scrimmage. But LexCath will probably work on their run game more than they would in a real game to give their Oline more practice in run blocking against a team that is larger than they will see in all but two games during the season. That's what they did against PRP last week at least.

Will Trinity charge admission this friday? Last year Lex Cath did not charge. Will Trinity return the favor? As for the scrimage, both teams will be fine tuning their lineups for their opening game.

This is very true.

If presented with a similar situation as the Scott Co. scrimmage last week, do you think that the rocks will go for two points and the win or just work on the line up??? I know its small potatoes but, there seems to be a discripency between what happened last week and the prevailing thought of the rock club? It was communicated on a post earlier this week that the rocks were not trying to win (go for 2) .... ??

I would say that in every scrimmage (or practice for that matter) every team would try and perform as well as possible. It is always a good sign when your offense can score a bunch of points and your defense can shut out the other team. I guess if you do that in a scrimmage its considered a "win". But the most important thing in a scrimmage is to work on some things in a more game-like situation than you can simulate in practice. Hence, its great to "win" a scrimmage but its not the only goal while in a game its really the only thing that matters.

Both teams will use this to get better for their openers the following week. I would guess neither one would like to lose. The main priority is to get better and to have any weaknesses exposed, so you can work on those areas the following week.

If presented with a similar situation as the Scott Co. scrimmage last week, do you think that the rocks will go for two points and the win or just work on the line up??? I know its small potatoes but, there seems to be a discripency between what happened last week and the prevailing thought of the rock club? It was communicated on a post earlier this week that the rocks were not trying to win (go for 2) .... ??

Big difference between what we think and what the staff thinks. There is a good reason why we are not the coaches.

Big difference between what we think and what the staff thinks. There is a good reason why we are not the coaches.

Obviously they are stuck with the coaching duties since they cannot match our BGP woulda-coulda-shoulda verbal analytical abilities. :lol: :D :lol:

Obviously they are stuck with the coaching duties since they cannot match our BGP woulda-coulda-shoulda verbal analytical abilities. :lol: :D :lol:

I have to agree . The Rocks lost last week. No excuses. We sucked.

We are being almost as bad as the infamous 'we had the best team ,but lost the last game ' thingy. I have heard of excuses, and there is never room for excuses, but the 'thingy' thing beats all -----:devil:

I guess T will be the underdog again in the worlds' biggest outdoor high school football game cocktail party.