Good Deeds

Jack of all Trades

I certainly don't like to share a lot of things that go on with my personal life, but this is something that I need the public to hear about. My wife has been suffering from various forms of cancer since the late fall of 2013. Between that time and now there have been many other events that have occurred including her mother passing unexpectedly, her sister being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, my daughter tearing her knee up in a club soccer game and my son suffering a torn labrum that cost him his junior year of basketball and baseball.

With all of this stuff going on around you it can become very easy to lose sight of the many good things that occur and to begin to question why all of this has to happen.

With all of this said, last night my wife and I were eating at Applebee's waiting for my daughter to arrive from an NKU night class and just as we were getting done the waiter walks over and hands my wife a note that says "Have a Great Day". She flips it over and it is the bill for our food and the waiter says that someone paid for our entire meal. To say that we were flabbergasted, surprised and most importantly extremely appreciative would be an understatement. My wife thought she saw someone that she knew from back in our high school days and believes that that person knows how things have been going for us as a family and thus they made this very generous offering.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this type of thing happen to them and/or if they have done this from someone else. At the time, I guess it kind of shocked me, but thinking about it today while my wife underwent a chemo treatment really made me realize that there still are a lot of good people in this world.

Had something similar happen a few weeks ago. Had a husband and wife pay for a meal for me, my girlfriend, her daughter and little granddaughter. Wasn't real cheap either, around $60 I think. I currently coach their youngest son in basketball and coached their oldest son through middle school. Was a very nice gesture that was greatly appreciated.

I've done it several times including to a couple of old high school teachers.

Karma is good stuff. I've had some folks do some random things for me over time. One that circled back to me 10-15 years after I had helped a guy led me to a weekend vacation with him to play Pebble Beach.

Good luck with everything.

I've done it several times including to a couple of old high school teachers.

Karma is good stuff. I've had some folks do some random things for me over time. One that circled back to me 10-15 years after I had helped a guy led me to a weekend vacation with him to play Pebble Beach.

Good luck with everything.

Thats good ROI there.

My Marine son and a friend were on home on leave, but doing bit recruiting while home. They were eating lunch when a gentleman approached them, thanked them for their service and paid their bill. A few months later, when the guys out of Ft. Thomas were to deploy I paid for two Guardsmen meals. I did not want them to know who paid, but the waitress told them.

As it turned out, one was a former student. The next day his mother thanked me, as she was a janitor at school. Then about 4-5 yrs later at a small store some of us where standing talking and told them the same story. One fellow who was building a house nearby told me he served with that unit when they where deployed. Then to top it off, a teacher who taught with my wife said he had served with the Ft. Thomas Guardsmen and had heard about the above story. The trail of these events seemed to just go on and on.

I have a feel good story from last night. I'm at the Brossart girls game for Sr. Night. I see @Mustang getting ready to do the webcast. I ask him if I can get him a drink. H says please do. As I walk over I see a buddy with his niece. Cutest little thing. He jokes and says take her with you. I pick her up and carry her over to the concession stand to buy her a snack (mom approved it). I go to pay the drink and the snack and the guy working the concession stand tells me not to worry about it. It's on him. He pulls out the cash and buys it for me. It was $1.25 but the fact that I was treating 2 folks and not myself and this very kind man picked up my tab made my night and made me think of this thread.