Saint X/Scott County Scrimmage

STXMAN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO one is more than enough.:D

Even though we didn't ask your opinion ;) I'd be willing to bet that if you ever met the real TD..you would actually think she's alright :D

Back to the thread..one thing that I find interesting it seems that Scott County is always touted for having a great team but never seem to give X or T alot of trouble??

SC fans do not take this as a slam..it is not meant that way.

Even though we didn't ask your opinion ;) I'd be willing to bet that if you ever met the real TD..you would actually think she's alright :D

Back to the thread..one thing that I find interesting it seems that Scott County is always touted for having a great team but never seem to give X or T alot of trouble??

It was a joke (hence the little smiley face). But the one and only is quite enough. Wouldn't you agree.

It was a joke (hence the little smiley face). But the one and only is quite enough. Wouldn't you agree.

I must admit...I am one of a kind ;)

Another question I have...why is it that is seems they always travel to SC but they never travel here?

You are right. We haven't really been able to give X or T very much trouble in the past, but I think it won't be too long before that happens.

Now that we've had our normal "What's up with the pebbles?" interlude, let's get back to the thread topic, St. X. vs. Scott Co.

Personally, I was very impressed with Scott County's OL and DL play, as well as their running backs. It was also obvious, however, that as Sports Fan 4 has already pointed out, the loss of Haddix has had a big impact on the Cardinals passing attack, as well as pass defense. The road has gotten a little tougher with the loss of that young man, but I think Coach McKee and staff will develop another alternate. :cool:

St.X's last 2 possesions the SC d-line tightened down and didn't give them much.

You are right. We haven't really been able to give X or T very much trouble in the past, but I think it won't be too long before that happens.

I think you are on the right path and definitely making progress. It's hard to compare regular season games and scrimmages but thinking back to 2004 season regular season and state game compared to Friday's scrimmage - I can tell a difference. The athletic ability has certainly increased, The size of your O-line and D-line have improved. It appreared to me the biggest change was the effort on the field. In both games in 2004 I felt the belief they could play with us did not exist. Friday night, I think they felt they should be on the field. That in itself is huge. The team has to believe they are winners each and every day. Hope you have a great season!

I must admit...I am one of a kind ;)

Another question I have...why is it that is seems they always travel to SC but they never travel here?

This will be two years in a row that Scott County will travel to Trinity. Prior to that I think it was an issue of not playing on the Rocks field prior to the start of the season. I really liked traveling down to scott County for the burgers up until they started the deconstruction of their field a few years ago.

This will be two years in a row that Scott County will travel to Trinity. Prior to that I think it was an issue of not playing on the Rocks field prior to the start of the season. I really liked traveling down to scott County for the burgers up until they started the deconstruction of their field a few years ago.

They are starting that de-construction back up again on on October 1st!:D

By the same token though, playing the two toughest programs in games that do not matter gives them an excellent idea of where they need work and how much they can improve upon. Trinity and St.x don't make many mistakes, even in a scrimmage. What better way to gauge your team's progress?

As far as Trinity and St.x are concerned I cannot really speak for the coaches, but it would seem to me that since Scott County is regularly considered to be one of the top teams outside of Louisville it would seem a logical step for us to gauge ourselves against them so we have an idea of what we could face out in the state.

Or at least that is one way to look at it.

By the same token though, playing the two toughest programs in games that do not matter gives them an excellent idea of where they need work and how much they can improve upon. Trinity and St.x don't make many mistakes, even in a scrimmage. What better way to gauge your team's progress?

As far as Trinity and St.x are concerned I cannot really speak for the coaches, but it would seem to me that since Scott County is regularly considered to be one of the top teams outside of Louisville it would seem a logical step for us to gauge ourselves against them so we have an idea of what we could face out in the state.

Or at least that is one way to look at it.

Thats exactly right!:thumb: To beat the best you got to play the best, even if it is a scrimmage.

Sorry about that I thought it was there...