Saint X/Scott County Scrimmage

STXMAN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For this entire scrimmage, the Tigers only used three (3) running plays and three (3) passing plays. Coach Glaser kept things very basic.

For this entire scrimmage, the Tigers only used three (3) running plays, and three (3) passing plays. Things were kept very basic.

OK, we get it.:D

No problem...it's hard to keep track with a changing format. :thumb:

By the way, thanks for your hospitality. One thing you can always count on when you go to Scott County, and that is a good time with good people. :ylsuper:

We really enjoy having good teams that are willing to come to Georgetown every year in Trinity or St.X. I want to commend all of the X fans that drove all this way for a scrimmage. You all have really great fans. Hopefully in the next few years we will have the field house done and there won't be a big hunk of concrete walls in the way.:thumb:

I believe that the TD pass was thrown by Zoeller who also had several nice runs.

Scott County has several very good players and their defense really swarmed to the ball and caused St. X fits at times. The Scott County kicker really put on a show during the special teams portion of the scrimmage. All of his kickoffs went into the endzone and his punts turnerd over perfectly and were extremely high and long. I would think he'll get plenty of looks from college scouts if he continues to kick like that.

Unfortunately, I did see 1 SC player with a bad "wheel" in a boot after the game, I hope it was nothing serious. There were several ice packs being used on the St. X sideline but I think everyone will be fine for next week.

On another note, I heard St. X's first opponent, Bowling Green had some injuries during their scrimmage with Apollo.

On another note, I heard St. X's first opponent, Bowling Green had some injuries during their scrimmage with Apollo.

I also heard that Bowling Green's QB had a broken collar bone, and the center had a dislocated shoulder. I'd rather hear the straight poop from PurpleHaze himself before buying into this. :cool:

Thanks Ox....I have heard that that Wade and Zoeller are both doing good...who looked better in your opinion?

You are correct in what you hear. I think Wade has surprised some people in buckling down and putting himself in the mix. He's working hard and it's paying off. Over the course of the game, though, I think Zoeller made more of the type plays that a X QB needs to make. He is a stronger runner and his running ability may put him a step ahead over time. I foresee a possible scenario similar to 2004 with Leonhardt and Curley, with the final decision coming after a couple of games.

As for the game itself, as it was mentioned earlier, was a very basic offense so hard to say but one thing quite evident was the O-line got very little push off the line. One projected starter (Ott) sat out but should be fine for opener. I'm sure this will be a point of emphasis this week. Defensively, a lot of rotation of players as coaches finalize their new 11. D-line appears to have more size than last year with good athletes. X line pretty well controlled the interior line of scrimmage, some plays got yardage on the outside. One LB hurt (Bisig) with sprain should be good to go for opener. A number of players getting looks in secondary.

Typical start, early look for X.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information!

What time is the scrimmage against N. Hardin?

Thanks!!!

:thumb:

Heard yesterday that the next scrimmage will be Oldham, not N Hardin. Assume it will also be away due to field. Could not find out when. Will update if I can find out.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information!

What time is the scrimmage against N. Hardin?

Thanks!!!

I'm not sure where Jody Demling got his blog information, but it is wrong. We will be scrimmaging Oldham County and not North Hardin. :cool:

I'm not sure where Jody Demling got his blog information, but it is wrong. We will be scrimmaging Oldham County and not North Hardin. :cool:

Okay that sounds great! It will be good to see what Coach Oldham has put together for his first season.

Okay that sounds great! It will be good to see what Coach Oldham has put together for his first season.

Actually, it will be Coach Oldham's 2nd season at Oldham County. Last year was kind of tough on him. After opening 2005 with 2 wins, the Colonels went on a 7-game losing streak, before registering a 26-20 win over Southern in their final game to finish at 3-7 . :cool: