Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 84 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

Worst game of the year in defensive efficiency. 1.253 points per possession.

  • Replies 167
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's worse, that they blew a 21 point lead to a horrible Tennessee team, or that they blew a 21 point lead to a Rick Barnes coached team?

What's worse, that they blew a 21 point lead to a horrible Tennessee team, or that they blew a 21 point lead to a Rick Barnes coached team?

 

Yes.

There is something about when U.K. plays at Knoxville, through the years I have watched some really great teams struggle at U.T.. At any rate there is absolutely no stinkin' excuse for blowing a 21 point lead against anyone, let alone a bad basketball team. I don't know if this is a case of still feeling the letdown after the Kansas loss (letting the Kansas game beat you twice) or not. Obviously no one played with any effort after getting the big lead. Officiating, especially starting a little past midway of the first half took over. All the calls disrupted the flow of the game not letting either team get into a rythym, that was advantage UT. So yes, I thought the officiating was terrible but that did not cost the Cats this game. Letting up, not moving the feet lead to not getting position on defense. No going after loose balls, rebounds/rebound positioning and just not playing hard or with any desire to regain control of the game imo was the reason for this loss. Cal even seemed not to be into this one as much. I know that he was looking at different combinations, substitution patterns and all but this team just didn't seem inspired or "just weren't ready to play and some of that has to fall on the coaches, imo anyway.

I am sure that there will be some hard practices before Saturday and hopefully the Cats can get back on track. As we saw tonight again, everyone "brings it" and plays over their head against U.K. and that intensity has to be matched. U.K. should beat the Gators but will they rebound to lay like they can ? I do think that we will see an extremely different team level of play this coming Saturday. At least I hope so.

 

^

This ! UT is not good. This UK team is more Sybil-like than Sybil herself. As Oldrambler said, there is absolutely no excuse to lose to teams like Tenn. or Auburn. NO EXCUSE!

The final 25 minutes of the game: UT 71 UK 43 .

 

Just a disgusting display of basketball-in Knoxville as well as at Auburn.

The final five min of the first half the Vols scored 20 pts. My math tells me that's at a 80 pt/half pace. Bring on a new crop of one and doners. This bunch doesn't excite me. I hope they turn it around but it doesn't look too promising.

Just stop @uk#1fan. Considering the road UK's program was heading after a few years under Billy G, Coach Calipari was absolutely the best man for the job. Saying otherwise is simply foolish.

I'm struggling to see how anyone can think a team that plays zero defense and has zero inside presence can make a run come March?

 

Magic.

I agree with all you have in your post. As for the bolded I had thought the same and was the point of my "let Kansas beat you twice" comment .

 

I agree with you. I think Kansas did beat them twice. That's not an excuse but it was pretty obvious that they had nothing in the tank for about 25 minutes.

  • Author

Still using Kansas as an excuse I see.

Still using Kansas as an excuse I see.

 

Might as well go ahead and keep that excuse going so we can use it for the South Carolina game on Thursday night. They'll only have one day off. I'll go ahead and get it out of the way.

 

Kansas beat Kentucky 3 times last Saturday.

Might as well go ahead and keep that excuse going so we can use it for the South Carolina game on Thursday night. They'll only have one day off. I'll go ahead and get it out of the way.

 

Kansas beat Kentucky 3 times last Saturday.

 

Kentucky doesn't play again until Saturday at home vs. Florida. They play Georgia at home Tuesday and travel to South Carolina next Saturday.

They'd still be bad defending aggressive guards off the bounce in zone. It isn't some easy fix for guys that don't move well laterally...

 

This has been keeping UK from getting over the hump for 3 years now. We really haven't been very agile on the perimeter. Maybe that is a recruiting need.

Y

Only big difference is this teams ability to defend. Deep runs are built on balance. This UK team is one dimensional in a major way so far...

With the way the game is being called all teams are struggling with dribble penetration. Look at the free throw numbers. The NCAA has placed an emphasis on getting a flow back in the game. I will agree that UK doesn't have a shot blocker that changes the game but Ulis , Briscoe and Hawkins are very good on ball defenders.

 

If you're gonna win the tournament this year you're gonna have to play offensively for 40 minutes, this Ky team plays well 30 minutes per game.

They have now given away good leads a number of times.

Kentucky doesn't play again until Saturday at home vs. Florida. They play Georgia at home Tuesday and travel to South Carolina next Saturday.

 

I thought that having two SEC games during the week was a bit strange. I clicked on the baseball schedule. :lol2:

That was a terrible loss.

 

UK just isn't very good, but the good news is that college basketball, as a whole, isn't very good either.

I thought that having two SEC games during the week was a bit strange. I clicked on the baseball schedule. :lol2:

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

 

I was like wait a minute now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.