Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 84 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

I love the progress Willis has made the past 2-3 weeks. Bravo to him. But you know your team has glaring deficiencies when he has to play as much as he does.

  • Replies 167
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team was gutted once Dakari announced for the NBA. Although not great, he was enough of a threat that you had to guard him in the post. Same thing happened when Marquis Estill left years ago. With Dakari, this team is in the top 3.

 

I think you are completley over selling how good Dakari was. He honestly was not that strong, and usually got his shot block. Now yes he would still be better inside than what we have now. However imo estill as a college player was a lot better than Dakari was.

I love the progress Willis has made the past 2-3 weeks. Bravo to him. But you know your team has glaring deficiencies when he has to play as much as he does.

 

He is mainly getting more PT because of his offensive ability, so how do they only find him 2 shots the entire second half, with his last shot coming with 13 minutes left in the game? In my opinion, they had way too much dribbling and one on one, sometimes one on 2 or 3 play.

Interesting... I did not know that... how much talking went on?

 

He was Uks second choice behind coach Cal and I believe he did interview or agreed to interview before UK went ahead and hired Cal.

He was Uks second choice behind coach Cal and I believe he did interview or agreed to interview before UK went ahead and hired Cal.

 

In all honesty I had no clue. But he would have been a much better option IMO. But, I'm still surprised he even considered it.

In all honesty I had no clue. But he would have been a much better option IMO. But, I'm still surprised he even considered it.

 

Izzo is a hall of fame coach. However even he would have had a hard time Accomplishing as much as Cal has during his time at UK.

But he would have been a much better option IMO.

 

Because Calipari has underachieved at UK?

 

I can't stand UK, and I can't believe some of the nonsense in these post-game threads, from UK fans, and the folks on the other side of the aisle. A UK fan would have rather have had cheating and jerk-extraordinaire Travis Ford than John Calipari and what he has put up there? Izzo would have "been a much better option" than Cal?

 

Three days ago UK was going to make a deep run in March, now Cal is a mouth-breathing moron who needs to go. Love this stuff....

For the record, I still say UK makes a deep run in March.

Wasn't watching the game, so someone will have to explain how they could blow a 21 point lead? Man, just when you thought the corner had been turned!

That's the up and down way young teams play. However this is February and they should be playing better.

Izzo is a hall of fame coach. However even he would have had a hard time Accomplishing as much as Cal has during his time at UK.

 

I think a lot of Izzo.

 

But how many National Titles has he won? In 20 years . . . One National Title and that was early in his tenure.

 

How is that different than what Cal has done in 7 years?

Lol.

 

Recruiting services don't rank defensive guys 5 stars.

 

Coaches who recruit 5* have a hard time playing 2-3* guys who defend better....it is in their nature.

 

Why did Willis take so long to get any PT and now starts?

 

You can't tell Hawkins is worse defensively than a roscoe and Murray.

Izzo is a hall of fame coach. However even he would have had a hard time Accomplishing as much as Cal has during his time at UK.

 

Izzo doesn't come close to Cal's accomplishments had he been at UK.

Being ranked was so last year....

 

This may have been talked about at some point in the thread, but I'm no reading it all.

 

Anyone know the last time UK and Duke were both not ranked in the top 25.

Because Calipari has underachieved at UK?

 

I can't stand UK, and I can't believe some of the nonsense in these post-game threads, from UK fans, and the folks on the other side of the aisle. A UK fan would have rather have had cheating and jerk-extraordinaire Travis Ford than John Calipari and what he has put up there? Izzo would have "been a much better option" than Cal?

 

Three days ago UK was going to make a deep run in March, now Cal is a mouth-breathing moron who needs to go. Love this stuff....

 

Completley agree! I am a huge UK fan but can't stand half of my fellow fan base. To many live in the moment and decide to let that moment decide how they think of the team. As I mentioned earlier just a few months ago after the Duke game people were talking crazy saying this may be a better college team than last year. So I had to argue with people on that. Now it's been the opposite.

 

The whole Tom izzo thing is interesting because people want him but they would go crazy with him. He has been a guy who's teams usually take a lot of losses during the season but plays its best come March. Which people don't seem to realize Cal has done the same thing. His teams have played their best in March.

I think I've posted this about 100 times already this year. The vast majority of UKs problems are because all the big guys stink and the trickle down that causes. Simple enough.

 

They aren't smart players

They don't rebound

They are truly a weak group of bigs

You have no one you can give the ball to down low to get a bucket and stop the bleeding

Heck two of them can't even dribble the ball

 

 

It happens, it's a down year. I don't think this new recruiting class will be a big swing and a miss like this past year. Let's hope they can figure it out by March and make a nice run.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.